November 25, 2017, 04:13:11 AM

Author Topic: American Idol contestant and hunter vs PETA  (Read 3224 times)

Offline Mouse1

American Idol contestant and hunter vs PETA
« on: August 04, 2010, 04:47:36 PM »
I don't have the network that this show is on but wish I did.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2010/08/03/exclusive-peta-takes-aim-kristy-lee-cooks-hunting-shoots/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+foxnews%2Fentertainment+%28Internal+-+Entertainment+-+Mixed%29

PETA's taking aim at 'American Idol' contestant Kristy Lee Cook’s new hunting reality show, but Cook's not afraid to fire back.

“Goin Country,” which began its eight episode run this weekend, follows the singer trying to land a record deal as she participates in hunts across the country. A spokesperson for the animal rights organization released the following statement to FOX411.com.

“Instead of angering thousands of would-be fans by killing helpless animals on camera in attempt to get her '15 Minutes of Shame,' Kristy Lee Cook's fame crusade would be better served by following in the footsteps of fellow Idol alum-turned-country-stars  Carrie Underwood and Kellie Pickler—as well as  Simon Cowell—all of whom have used their fame and talent to speak up for animals.”

Underwood is a vegetarian, Pickler has spoken out about only wearing fake fur and former judge Simon Cowell is an advocate for animal adoption.

Cook shot back at PETA, defending herself and the thousands of Americans who hunt.
"Given that hunters have done more for American wildlife conservation than any other group in history, I make no apology for being one," Cook told FOX411.com. "Indeed, I join the ranks of millions of American hunters who celebrate our outdoor heritage and who conserve millions of acres of wild lands. These same people support more than 600,000 jobs across the country and provide a critical voice to encourage more investment in American conservation."

« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 07:10:41 PM by Gutpiles »

Offline 2Nutz

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: American Idol contestant and hunter vs PETA
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 06:30:29 PM »
I would rather wear fur than a$$chaps myself!  :roll: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
    • Gut Pile Style
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 07:12:07 PM »
If she's taking heat from the Petards - she's gotta be pretty darn good!   O0

PETA Slams 'Idol' Contestant
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 07:14:01 PM by Gutpiles »
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 09:23:03 AM »
  O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 I would watch her show!
Those empty headed yak yak yak news antis for sure don't like it.  :idiot2 :idiot2 :idiot2 ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 08:24:59 PM »
Did her.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Ks_Sniper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 10:37:22 PM »
At 1:48. Did she REALLY just say that on TV?

"I like meat, but I like to pretend that it didn't come from a living animal."

Seriously? ???
When I was a child, I lived as a child. When I became a man, I put away my childish things and became a Gutpiler!

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.com ! http://www.camouflagenation.com http://www.thehuntingfiles.com  http://wildchildhuntingwear.com  http://www.isquirrelhunt.com http://www.iwhitetailhunt.com http://www.icoonhunt.com

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 09:46:59 AM »
At 1:48. Did she REALLY just say that on TV?

"I like meat, but I like to pretend that it didn't come from a living animal."

Seriously? ???
  :shock: :uglystupid2 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D I like to pretend my paychecks are big enough, but it doesn't work.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline hoskins

• When In Doubt, Empty The Magazine!
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2010, 11:00:44 PM »
I hope she gets a record deal & becomes hugely famous!!! Would be a great voice for hunters in the main stream!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2010, 09:35:36 AM »
I hope she gets a record deal & becomes hugely famous!!! Would be a great voice for hunters in the main stream!
  O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 Yeah on that!

Offline steeliebob

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2010, 04:48:28 PM »
The more celebrities that we have on our side the better.When was the last time that a PETA volunteer donated meat or a vegtable to anyone. Nothing but a bunch of self centered bigoted jerks those peta people

Facebook Comments