December 14, 2017, 09:49:02 AM

Author Topic: September 11th is the opener!!  (Read 1822 times)

Offline bohicajuan

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
September 11th is the opener!!
« on: August 09, 2010, 05:45:43 PM »
As usual I'm not ready!

I need to get some new arrows for the Black Widow.

Think I might splurge and get some Beman-pre fletched carbon arrows. They're about $135.00 for a dozen, but I need new arrows regardless!!!

To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: September 11th is the opener!!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 10:09:54 AM »
That's not bad for a dozen good arrows. And bo will BE READY!  :twisted:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 03:46:52 PM »
Carbons out of a Black Widow??  :shock: :shock: :shock:

Sacrilege!!!  :tickedoff

It's either cedar arrows or nothing for you mister!  :knuppel2
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 05:13:47 PM »
When I first got my Black Widow, Satan's daughter said I could use cedar arrows despite the cost.

Sooo, that's what I did, but after breaking 9 of the mucho expensive arrows, I started using aluminum and have pretty much stuck with them despite trying carbons a few years ago and not getting the "feel" for them the way I got from  aluminums.

Earlier this summer I went to 3-D shoot and shot another guys Black Widow with these same Bemans and I was impressed.

Got a good deal on the Bemans and the guy is going to cut them and mount my 125 grain Magnus' in them......

Besides, if I don't get a deer I can ALWAYS blame it on the arrows!
 :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
 :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
 :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 06:19:10 PM »
Our season comes in Sept. 4th.  O0

I still say that shooting aluminum or carbon out of a Black Widow is akin to putting a pine 2x4 spoiler on a Mercedes Benz...........  :idiot2

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 05:30:05 PM »
Our season comes in Sept. 4th.  O0

I still say that shooting aluminum or carbon out of a Black Widow is akin to putting a pine 2x4 spoiler on a Mercedes Benz...........  :idiot2

Oh, I see you know my cousin! :twisted: :roll:

Offline hossn7mag

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 07:24:00 AM »
Good morning to all. If you are trying to cut or save money on buying your arrows ,you should try looking on eBay for them. For example a friend of mine got a dozen of Bemen for 60 bucks . A Good way to save money and not give up quality. Cheap products can good bucks.

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2010, 04:33:56 PM »
I picked up my arrows today and they feel pretty good. Going to drag out the old 3-D whitetail target this weekend and test these bad boys out. I've gone up on broadhead weight too.

last year I shot 100 grain broadheads and this year I'll try 125 grains. I still shoot only Magnus though, no point in changing that, cause they get the job done.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2010, 08:06:18 PM »
I still shoot only Magnus though, no point in changing that, cause they get the job done.

Yeah, so do cedar arrows.............  :roll: :roll:

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2010, 08:45:01 PM »
Hey! Be Good To Me!!!

The Falcons are getting beat by the Patriots and the ribs I just ate are cold and ain't got no meat on them!!

I promise  WHEN  I win the lottery, I'll buy an entire acre of cedar trees and have them custom make my arrows!!!!

I'll have them dyed purple and orange and have the fletching dyed pink!!

Facebook Comments