October 20, 2017, 12:20:38 PM

Author Topic: Off topic but!!!!  (Read 858 times)

Offline 2Nutz

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Off topic but!!!!
« on: August 13, 2010, 09:04:01 PM »
 I had the preveledge of meeting and talking with a man the other day that had been shot by a neighbors kid while turkey hunting on his own land. It was grusume to. The kid had been left by his father to hunt this fence row and heard something turned and shot! The guy was with his own son and took the whole impact of the shot in his right side! He has had two colon surgeries and several other places worked on and still has pellets left in his back arm and hand. Be cause it is to dangerous to be removed. His colon is ruined and lost function of most of his arm and hand! The kid shot him with a #4 3 1/2" 12g. turkey load at less than ten feet! He is lucky to be alive but his live is and will be terrible! This happen ed this past youth season here near Joplin Mo. And what is surprising to me is he hasnt made this kids family pay for what he did to him! Although Im sure the Wildlife Dept. has delt this kid and his father some justice!
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
Re: Off topic but!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 07:49:57 AM »
Awww.
How old is the kid that shot him?

Offline rugerman

• Applied for my club membership...
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 11:53:40 AM »
sad to hear that. the poor mans life is never going to be the same ,but the kids will also be changed forever as well.  :'( sounds like someone didn't teach the young lad enough befor leaving him ALONE to hunt!
SHOOT WHEN YOU CAN ,TRACK WHEN YOU MUST , THEN FRY SOME GAME !!
guns only have two enemies  RUST AND POLITICIANS

Offline born-to-hunt

• LOOK A DISTRACTION!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 12:17:23 PM »
WOW #4 3 1/2" 12ga turkey load at ten feet glad he's alive but still that will almost ruin the rest of it. i'm sure that kid isn't going to do anything like that again
.:I own guns I don't want to shoot people people dont want to shoot me because I own guns:.

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 09:24:31 PM »
He didnt tell me how old this kid was. But in Missouri youth has to be accompanied by an adult the whole time while hunting! He saved his own son from the blast though. He said it would have killed him at the level the shot hit! I told him that the father should be held responsable for it all!
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline born-to-hunt

• LOOK A DISTRACTION!!!
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2010, 09:49:28 PM »
I agree I think the father should be held responsible an unexperienced youth with a gun isn't very responsible at all. here youth season is up til 16 and at 16 and up it is legal to be alone but he doesn't sound very responsible with a weapon but in the end it was an accident and atleast he is alive
.:I own guns I don't want to shoot people people dont want to shoot me because I own guns:.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2010, 08:29:04 AM »
Like other shooting accidents, it shouldn't have happened. Yep, that poor fella that got shot lives a miserable life, much more than the nitwit kid that shot him.  :tickedoff
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline rugerman

• Applied for my club membership...
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2010, 08:30:55 PM »
all accidents go back to "know your target and what is beyond"
SHOOT WHEN YOU CAN ,TRACK WHEN YOU MUST , THEN FRY SOME GAME !!
guns only have two enemies  RUST AND POLITICIANS

Offline Duneman101

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2010, 03:06:12 PM »
holy crap that would suck!  it's hard when it's a kid that has perpatrated the crime, i look back on my childhood (before 21) and i remember how many times i did completly ridiculous stuff that should have killed me and others, but luckily i didn't.  Thats pretty cool of the guy to have such a forgiving heart about the whole thing.
Only dead fish swim with the current!

Offline mazer

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2010, 10:09:17 PM »
I stopped hunting a popular public land a few years ago when I was shot at when I turned my head to look behimd me. The bullet hit a tree a few feet in front of me.  Like was posted earlier know your target and beyond. I will say the guy who shot at me will probly double check his target after I finished with him :knuppel2 :tickedoff. It sucks for the guy and the kid who shot him.  I have tons of respect for the guy for not sueing.

Facebook Comments