November 20, 2017, 02:39:03 AM

Author Topic: 2010-11 Squirrel Contest??  (Read 2776 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: 2010-11 Squirrel Contest??
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2010, 11:14:29 AM »
I would like to get in, but I'm outgunned by a few here that have more time to hunt and never miss a shot at a squirrel.   :roll:

Even though I LIVE to squirrel hunt, there is just too much in the way to get out to hunt very often.  :'(

Excuse # 2, It's going to be shop time now that it will be cool enough to work in there. Another half dozen knife orders piled on has really put me behind in the shop.

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2010, 04:37:23 PM »
Jeez KS ya really will put anything in yer mouth

That's what she said! :D ;D :-P :twisted: :roll: :wink:
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Ks_Sniper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2010, 09:59:47 PM »
I've eaten my fair share of odd things, but certainly have my limits. :roll: I got me a good look at some ground squirrels earlier this year and they appeared to be decent table fare. So I'll try one, for sure. :P Just gotta be careful of the fleas.
When I was a child, I lived as a child. When I became a man, I put away my childish things and became a Gutpiler!

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.com ! http://www.camouflagenation.com http://www.thehuntingfiles.com  http://wildchildhuntingwear.com  http://www.isquirrelhunt.com http://www.iwhitetailhunt.com http://www.icoonhunt.com

Offline D45/70

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2010, 09:00:24 AM »
I've eaten my fair share of odd things, but certainly have my limits. :roll: I got me a good look at some ground squirrels earlier this year and they appeared to be decent table fare. So I'll try one, for sure. :P Just gotta be careful of the fleas.
WHY YES YOU can EAT THEM !! ( yuk)
We don't Have any "Tree" loving squirrel here but I have blasted some up in to the trees. So I would think "Ground" squirrel should be included in any kind of contest. May be at 1/4 points??? That way when I shoot 100 of them you all would still have a chance to get 25, in a day !!! :twisted:
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2010, 09:41:08 AM »

:knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2 ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline hoskins

• When In Doubt, Empty The Magazine!
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2010, 10:01:49 PM »
Sqawk season don't come in down here until Oct 18th, plus w/ a herniated disc & extreme nerve damage to my feet & ankles...looks like I got some work cut out for me...no bowing out...it is on, just won't be no where near as mobile, but I got a plan... :twisted: I'm officially entered come Oct 18th.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2010, 10:05:42 PM »
Sqawk season don't come in down here until Oct 18th, plus w/ a herniated disc & extreme nerve damage to my feet & ankles...looks like I got some work cut out for me...no bowing out...it is on, just won't be no where near as mobile, but I got a plan... :twisted: I'm officially entered come Oct 18th.

Hey!!!!  Your boy shooting them for you ain't allowed!!!!  :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline hoskins

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2010, 10:12:50 PM »
Hey!!!!  Your boy shooting them for you ain't allowed!!!!  :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

DANG IT!!!!!!!!!!! Plan has been comprimised!!!!!!! ;D

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2010, 11:11:33 PM »
maybe ya could ride tech thru the timber
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline hoskins

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2010, 02:04:26 AM »
maybe ya could ride tech thru the timber
Nah....I'm not gonna be "riding" tech... I'll low crawl. However, if anyone wants to push me around in a wheel barrel & we can be a mechanised sqwak killing machine.

Facebook Comments