October 22, 2017, 04:05:57 AM

Author Topic: Montana grade stuff  (Read 268 times)

Offline D45/70

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Montana grade stuff
« on: August 30, 2010, 04:08:08 PM »
You ever buy something and quickly discover that it will never hold up or the style is all wrong?
I am always looking for camos that LOOKS like were I hunt. I can get “Real tree” or “Mossy oak” or some kind of military camo anywhere. However, I do not hunt in Hardwood forest or Asia. I hunt in Montana in the fall there is No green and most trees down on the prairie have lost there leaves the wheat has been cut, the alfalfa is short and brown. The day starts out below freezing and mid day will be 90* and in the evening it’s back to 20* and the wind don’t even go there. Let me say BUGS man they stop by the “Deet” bar for a drink before they buzz over and start there feast, on me. Prickly pear cactus, rattlesnakes, yucca there all put out there just to have me kneel or sit in them. I need some thing that looks like dried grass and sagebrush that is water and wind proof, shake bite, cactus, proof, warm, cool and quiet. A backpack needs to match the background or be in Hunter orange, big enough to carry all my day junk and a half of antelope yet be easy off and on and double as a shooting bag. A hat Must be able to stay put in 50 mile an hour wind driving rain and snow and can carry water to wash out you kill and than there is the bug thing again a mesh face mask is defiantly a plus. A knife at the very least has to be big to hack your way in and out of the brush, cut rope or baling wire, pull porcupine quills out of your dogs lips, amputate your own leg, and gut out a rabbit to a bison. It should have GPS location capabilities so you can go back and get it after you get your animal back to the truck. A gun must be tuff: it maybe called upon to do amazing things. Shoot some thing small and fuzzy, something deep in the brush or WAY out running 70 mph. You will slog it through thick cover, through mud and water, rain, snow and 100* on a horse, on your four-wheeler and on your back. Don’t even get going on a Montana grade game cart or even a truck! I think some place like Cabalas or Bass pro need to have a section in there catalogs Just for Montana. I know I’d be shopping there…
 O0
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
Re: Montana grade stuff
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 05:06:21 PM »
Not asking for much, are you D?  ???  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 10:37:49 AM »
D45 needs a whole store to lug along to just survive in that hunting area.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 10:52:50 AM »
Why don't you just get one of these D?  ???  Looks like it would solve most of your complaints.  O0

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 10:55:38 AM »
  O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 Hey yeah! Just what ya need, D45!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments