December 14, 2017, 07:53:10 PM

Author Topic: Favorite (Or Most Terrorizing) Snake Experiences  (Read 669 times)

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
Re: Favorite (Or Most Terrorizing) Snake Experiences
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2010, 10:37:31 AM »

OK, MY TURN!!
went to lunch one day and on the way back, one of the ladies in my office called me and asked if I had a rifle or pistol in the truck. I said no, but I have a buddy that is close that does. She said get it, there is a huge snake in the yard. As you can see by the pics it was a good one!

I shot his head off and after the pic of me holding it I took a knife to cut the rattles off. As I started to cut them off, the neck where the head use to be came around and the stub struck me on the arm. I about made a big mess! LOL!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline bohicajuan

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2010, 04:00:34 PM »
Hell Bo, I thought you would have a story bout your albino tubesnake and that midget hooker! :shock: :shock: ;D ;D ;D ;D

Penthouse did an entire Forum dedicated to the ALBINO ANACONDA!!! 

It is STILL the best selling issue of Forum ever!
 :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
 :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
 :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P
 :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
 :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline GreatWhiteBuffalo

• Gut Pile Club Member
  • Give me Liberty or Give me Death! - Patrick Henry
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2010, 11:44:24 AM »
 I shoot, pick up, and annoy rattlesnakes. Im not skeered.
Tread Lightly, and Carry a Big Stick

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2010, 12:29:21 PM »
I never been all that skeered of snakes. When I was little, Mom bet my sister she could hand me a green grass snake they found in the garden. I'd never really even seen a snake before. Well, common sence kicked in and I figgured a: if it was poisonous, mom would not be holding it. b: if it was the least bit dangerous mom wouldn't offer it to me. and lastly, it just plain cool.
 The only terrrifying experiance wasn't mine, but my wifes. More specifically me terrifying her. I caught a garter snake in the backyard and the woman is scared of ANY snake. I daunted the snkae til it finally struck and latched on to my finger then screamed like a little girl. OMG... she went into full panic mode. I fained injury for a few minutes then laughed and pulled my finger away. She was so mad she didn't talk to me for 2 days.... I need a bigger snake.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2010, 10:10:59 PM »
I need a bigger snake.

Sounds like a personal problem.....  :roll:

When I was younger and still living at home, we had garder snakes everywhere around our place.  Momma and I were continuously outside doing something (fencing, cleaning out fence, messing with cattle, goats, etc).  Anyway, I would catch a little garder snake and chase her around everywhere with the thing.  ;D  She hated snakes!  ;D ;D

Squirrel hunting one year, I was slipping along through the woods just as it was getting daylight.  Since it was still kinda dark, I couldn't see real well "where" I was stepping.  Stepped over a log and instantly heard a rattlesnake start buzzing.  :shock:  Looked down and I was standing on the SOB!  :shock:  My mind started racing, thinking what I should and shouldn't do, when it occurred to me, "I'm standing on him, he should have already struck!"  Since he hadn't struck, I looked and noticed I couldn't see his head since I was standing on it.  O0  Took the rifle and put a round into the critter on either side of my foot.  O0 ;D

When I was in law enforcement, I was making a round around the park checking stuff.  I drove down past the boat dock around a little loop and as I was coming back, I saw a copperhead crossing the road.  Tried to hit the thing with the cruiser, but didn't connect.  Got out and found the thing in a ditch beside the road.  There was a big bank there, so there was nowhere for him to go.  I always kept an extra key to the cruiser on me, so keeping an eye on the snake with the flashlight, I opened the trunk with the spare key and got a trench shovel out that we kept in there.  I wasn't wanting to shoot the snake because I was pretty close to the campground, and had already "disturbed the peace" the night before, shooting a stray dog with the shotgun.  ;D  Got the trench shovel out and threw it at the snake like a hatchet.  My aim was off, so it just smacked the critter, making him madder than he already was.  :shock:  He started out of the ditch toward me, so I drew my pistol, still not wanting to shoot the thing though.  Between my cussing and kicking my feet at him, he went back into the ditch, but then he was on top of my shovel.  >:( ;D  Finally got him off the shovel and grabbed it again.  That time when I threw it, it cut him in two, right behind the head.  O0  Stretched out with his head layed with the rest of his body, he was 37" long.  :shock:  That's a big freaking copperhead!  :shock:  I think I've still got that thing in the freezer somewhere.  O0

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2010, 09:32:30 AM »
I have handled snakes since I was a kid. One close to being bit time was when I was nearly bitten by a copperhead while squirrel hunting near Jerimiah,  Kentucky.

Another time when my brother Charlie and I were kids, we came across a huge timber rattler just a couple of hundred yards from where I am sitting. It was in an old falling down one room shack in a wooded ravine that lines up with my front door.

The rattler was between the floor joyces that sat right on the ground. We were messing around in the shack when we heard the rattler. Looking through a big hole in the floor, we spotted the snake coiled and angry.

We ran outside and gathered a couple of big rocks. With extreme caution, we returned to the hole and slammed the big rocks on top of the critter.  :twisted: A few more big rocks insured the snake was dead.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2010, 01:14:48 AM »
ok i need clarification is this open to wild snakes or ones that i have raised as pets?
i could tell ya about the copperhead i seen fishing come up out of the water after me, or how about the 17 footer who put 49 holes in my hand?
or the one i would put in the tub and it would swim laps then climb out onto the towel and wag its tail?
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2010, 08:40:34 AM »
It's Morax!!!  :shock:  Figured you'd done been 'et by something!  ???
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2010, 09:55:08 AM »
MORAX! HE'S ALIVE!
Great to see ya back, rascal! How ya been? Chasing snakes?
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2010, 11:52:22 AM »
yeah i am back, not the right forum for it all, just say yes it involved a few snakes, and a few kittys, and a few thousand miles on the motorcycle, now i got bad rotator cuffs and thats about it really....
 i know a kid who wasnt watching what he was doing and almost sat on a baby timber, it got him in the thumb, one fang, got damn lucky on that one.
when in doubt shoot twice

Facebook Comments