December 15, 2017, 11:03:38 AM

Author Topic: Predator Calling for Black Bear  (Read 2029 times)

Offline Hazmat

Predator Calling for Black Bear
« on: September 01, 2010, 11:23:16 AM »
Has any one had any success calling for Black Bears?
Never argue with an idiot; they will only bring you down to there level and then beat you with experience!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Predator Calling for Black Bear
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 11:40:17 AM »
Has any one had any success calling for Black Bears?

F&W says I don't have any bears around me.  :roll:  In spite of that, I haven't had a chance to try it.  I've heard of people doing it quite a bit though.  Read several articles about it as well.

Might as well give it a shot.  O0  If I remember right, fawn bawls & dying rabbits were what worked.  :wink:
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 07:55:48 PM »
I'm not sure if it's legal here or not.

Guess I'll check and find out. I know they have increased the season in certain areas of the mountains to the north and swamps to the south so maybe it would be worth a shot.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 09:04:35 AM »
I never even heard of calling them back when I hunted them. From what I have read since, it works pretty good.

I would want LOTS of big firepower, for sure!  I also think a fella calling them from the ground and in any heavy cover had better have a fellow gunner along to watch his backside. If the bear sneaks in, you won't hear him coming. And if he rushes in,...........................................!!!!!!  :shock:
I can tell you first had what it is like to have one sneak in on you and what it's like to be charged by one. Fortunately, I was packing a good bear stopper when the old boar decided he wanted another scrap that day. I left my bow in the vehicle that day, fortunately.

It seems bear respond really quick to a fawn bleat.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments