November 23, 2017, 09:56:12 AM

Author Topic: Muzzeloader Scope?  (Read 1545 times)

Offline BowKiller

Muzzeloader Scope?
« on: November 05, 2003, 08:36:00 PM »
I have a Knight .50 cal muzzelaoder and I am new to the sport of muzzeloading. I need recommendations on what type of scope to use for whitetail hunting only. I would like to stay under $125.00. Thanks!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Muzzeloader Scope?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2003, 10:08:50 PM »
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner on this.  I've been busier than a one-armed paper hanger!

I've got a Knight MK-85 .54 cal muzzleloader.  I've got a Simons Aetec 2.8 x 10 X 44 on it.  It's really clear and good quality scope.  I've beat the crap out of the gun while hunting, and it never looses it's zero (knock on wood!).  I think the Aetec scopes run about $150-175 though.  When it comes to scopes, you get what you pay for.  There's some really good Nikon scopes out now, that are about $150.  You may also be able to get a cheaper Leupold or Redfield for about $125-150.  I've used $30 scopes too.  You can kill deer with them, and they stay accurate, but like I said, you get what you pay for.  The difference is clarity and "fuzzy" spots.

I'm getting ready to get a .17 cal rifle for squirrel/varmit hunting.  I'm going to put a Nikon scope on it.  Probably up to about 14 power.  I don't know the exact price, but I'm expecting to pay about $175-200 for it.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline ARMallardSlayer

• Dirt Trackin in the ArkLaTex
Muzzeloader Scope?
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2004, 12:23:06 AM »
I have Simmons 8 points on all my rifles.......they were pretty cheap but so far they have been good scopes.
"Live Like You Were Dying"

Facebook Comments