December 17, 2017, 03:02:11 AM

Author Topic: Just Spent About $650!  (Read 2931 times)

Offline Techno

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Thats right!
Re: Just Spent About $650!
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2010, 10:21:05 PM »
Nothing but the collar has changed from what those guys say. Like I said I have not had any prroblems with mine. I have got 800 yards out of mine. Everyone who has not been happy with the 40 owns a 30 and likes the 30 better. Never the less I won't turn a dog loose without my garmin!!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2010, 09:03:42 AM »
What's NEW in the 2010 Garmin Astro DC-40 GPS Collar
# New Features of the DC 40 include Self-Contained Collar - Transmitter Electronics
# Plastic Coated Nylon Collar Strap
# Option to Wear both Ecollar and DC 40 on same Collar Strap
# Improved Charging Cradle
# Improved Charge Indicator Lights
# New "Collar Lock" Security PIN numbers
# New 120 Seconds (2 minutes) update Rate Option for longer battery Life

The DC-40 GPS collar is designed to take a much higher level of abuse than the original DC 20. This new design also eliminates a few issues that we had with the DC 30.

The DC-40 is built more like a traditional tracking collar, and requires no vest or counter-weight to keep it in place on your dog. It can also be worn on a standard plastic coated collar strap.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2010, 01:49:42 PM »
Yes I read about the changes to the collar in the magazine, american cooner and full cry. The guys on the ukc coonhound board also voiced the changes to the collar. The guys on the board are the ones who have used the 40 on coondogs and said they were having issues they did not have with the 30. I wasn't trying to call the unit you purchased junk. I was merely bringing up that the collar has issues that have made a few guys using it unhappy with its performance. These are not guys who have never used the 30 nor guys who used the 40 1 or 2 times. With that said, I have not had any trouble with my 30 and it has been used like a saddle on a horse!  ;D your going to love the tracking system. It makes running a young dog a lot less stressfull.

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2010, 05:36:47 PM »
Have you got out and tried the set up yet?

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2010, 11:03:51 PM »
Have you got out and tried the set up yet?

Yeah, we've been out a few times with it.  The little feller didn't much care for it the first time out since he wasn't used to it, but it doesn't seem to bother him now.  From what I've seen so far, I don't have any complaints over it.  Once the leaves start falling off the trees and squirrels get on the ground more, we'll be getting out more.

I think it's in the Do-It-Yourself section, I posted a link to a site where you can download different maps for the Garmin, all free.  The topo maps are better detail than the ones you can buy from Garmin, and free beats the heck out of the $100 that Garmin wants for theirs.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2010, 11:03:06 PM »
That's great! I knew you would like it. I bought a stand alone and got a cd with it. That's what I loaded on mine. I will definatly look into the free maps. Thanks for posting them!

Facebook Comments