November 20, 2017, 02:28:21 AM

Author Topic: Just Spent About $650!  (Read 2894 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Just Spent About $650!
« on: September 10, 2010, 08:09:24 PM »
Not that I really "wanted" to do it, but figured it would be best..........

Just spent $599 for the Garmin Astro 220 with a DC40 collar for the Mongo man plus about $45 for a protective case and a memory card for the Garmin. O0  Man!  I didn't want to part with that money!  :'(  But if it'll help me keep track of the little bugger and not lose him, then so be it.  O0

There went my gun money for the next few months!  >:( :tickedoff
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Just Spent About $650!
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 10:52:09 PM »
Well it's cheaper than a new pup and quicker than waiting another year to get it in the woods. Good investment over all. You can even use it on the kid when he strikes out by himself LOL.
 Now that you done laid down the cash, the pup probaly won't leave your side, or at least that would be my luck.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 08:35:01 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Yeah, Mongo will hunt nice and close since you spent all that money! I think it was a really good investment.

By the time you figure out a gun you don't already own, you will be trying to find room to squeeze it into your safes.  O0  Any gun you don't already own will be on a really short list.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 11:15:52 PM »
I have had my 220 with the dc30 for a year now and if you turn a dog loose, it is worth it!! I have read plenty of reports saying the dc40 isn't near the quality as the dc30. I have not had a lick of trouble with mine. It has been coverd in muud 20 times over, in plenty of creeks and ponds.  I love the whole idea and am thankfull I spent the money. I can't say enough good about mine!!

BBF

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 12:21:11 AM »
My heart bleeds, like you need another rifle in that arsenal of yours. :roll:

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 10:47:42 AM »
That's funny, the stuff I've read says that the 40 is the same quality as the 30, but they fixed alot of the stuff that people were griping about with the 30's.

My heart bleeds, like you need another rifle in that arsenal of yours. :roll:

I have no guns.  O0

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 09:27:32 PM »
Quite a few people on the ukc coonhound board have voiced disdain for the 40. Go have a read for details.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2010, 08:42:54 AM »
Quite a few people on the ukc coonhound board have voiced disdain for the 40. Go have a read for details.

Read the reports and did the research before I got it.  That's the reason I got the 40 instead of the 30.  The 220 & the 30 was $100 cheaper than the 220 & the 40.  As I said, the quality is the same, but complaints with the 30 were addressed & fixed.

People are going to gripe whenever anything "new & improved" comes out and they aren't going to like the change.  That's never going to change.

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2010, 05:44:42 PM »
With that much money, you could have bought me a chihuahua!
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2010, 06:00:23 PM »
With that much money, you could have bought me a chihuahua!
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I saw a girl in a local 5-Star gas station yesterday that had a chihuahua puppy she was holding as she was checking out.  I told her and the cashier, "I've seen squirrels bigger than that thing."   ;D ;D ;D

Last weekend at the boy's football game, I saw another little chihuahua puppy.  I pointed in the direction of the dog and told the wife to look at it.  She said, "Where?".   :roll:  "See the man & woman over there?"  "Yeah."  "See the leash on the man's leg?  Well follow it down and look hard.  You'll see something about the size of a rat down at the bottom."  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Facebook Comments