October 23, 2017, 10:10:55 PM

Author Topic: Service Invites Review Of Draft to the Northern Spotted Owl Recovery Plan  (Read 613 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Invites Public Review Of Draft Revision to the Northern Spotted Owl Recovery Plan

A draft revision to the 2008 Northern Spotted Owl Recovery Plan is available for a 60-day public review period, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service announced today. The proposed refinements will help the agency better address the Pacific Northwest forest dweller’s current threats and recovery needs. The northern spotted owl (Strix occidentalis caurina) was listed as threatened under the Endangered Species Act in 1990 and continues to decline.

Full Story:  U.S. Fish & Wildlilfe Service

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Re: Service Invites Review Of Draft to the Northern Spotted Owl Recovery Plan
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 09:40:52 PM »
Owl's are EXTREMELY COOL in my book! O0 O0

They're my favorite bird of prey. O0 O0

They were considered vermin in Georgia when I was kid. I was happy to see them put on the protected list with eagles and hawks.

No joke, my freshman year in college I played football and I had to wait for football season to be over before I could drive up from central Florida to south Georgia where I hunted.

I was hunting in Brooks county near Valdosta on the Georgia/Florida line and was hunting in the split of an oak tree. This wasn't a stand I'd put up myself, but it was nice and high about 17-18 feet and I got up there before sunrise and waited.

I'm up there about an hour and the suns finally making it up past the trees when I hear a GD SHRIEK that caused me to fall out of the tree backwards and do a summersalt on the way down. Luckily I landed in some soft dirt and leaves and didn't break anything. It was a chilly day and I was pretty well bundled up anyway.

The shriek came from a screech owl that was roosting right above my head in the tree. I actually saw it flying away as I tumbled out of the tree.

I always thought had there been judges there, I would have gotten at least 9.5 for difficulty! :roll: :wink: :idiot2 :buck2 :buck2 :buck2 :buck2
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 09:08:23 AM »
Owl's are EXTREMELY COOL in my book! O0 O0

They're my favorite bird of prey. O0 O0

Mine too.  They're delicious!  :twisted:  Taste alot like a cross between turkey & chicken.  O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 09:40:28 AM »
Mine too.  They're delicious!  :twisted:  Taste alot like a cross between turkey & chicken.  O0
Yes, they do.  ;D
Bo, I would have given you a 10 for that!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments