October 17, 2017, 12:10:25 AM

Author Topic: Missouri: Public can weigh in on elk restoration  (Read 1608 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Missouri: Public can weigh in on elk restoration
« on: September 15, 2010, 09:15:10 AM »
Missouri: Public can weigh in on elk restoration

Want elk? Don't want them? Either way, the Missouri Department of Conservation wants to hear from you. The Conservation Commission told the department in July to develop a proposal for releasing 80 to 150 elk into a 365 square mile restoration zone around the Peck Ranch Conservation Area in Shannon, Carter and Reynolds counties. The area has few roads where elk might be hit by vehicles and very little agriculture, so chances for crop deprivation are minimal. Adding to the area's appeal as an elk introduction site is the large amount of land owned by the department, the USDA Forest Service and the National Park Service.

Read About It: The St. Louis Post Dispatch (Mo.)

Posted: 9/14/2010 9:41:56 AM

Note: Many news sites archive stories after a short period of time. If the link above is expired please contact the site for information about accessing this story. 

Copyright 2010, National Rifle Association of America, Institute for Legislative Action.  This may be reproduced. It may not be reproduced for commercial purposes.  11250 Waples Mill Road, Fairfax, VA 22030    800-392-8683

Courtesy of the NRA-ILA

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Re: Missouri: Public can weigh in on elk restoration
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 09:28:09 PM »
Has Mr Sparky weighed in on this issue?

Inquiring minds want to know? :wink: O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 10:43:53 PM »
Could you imagine these hillbily road hunters here pulling up on one of those over grown goats! :shock: :shock: ;D ;D ;D ;D
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 09:41:40 AM »
Could you imagine these hillbily road hunters here pulling up on one of those over grown goats! :shock: :shock: ;D ;D ;D ;D
  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D And 40 shots later,.............................!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Online MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 01:33:45 PM »
I don't care one way or the other. It would be cool to spot an elk on occassion, but they are talking about doing this in an area way far away from my stomping grounds. I know there is alot of poaching that goes on in most rural areas and question the survivability of such a program. It ain't my fences and crops at risk, nor my property that will be over-run with trespassers. I'm not going to make money selling hunting leases, if or when a huntable population is attained.
 By the time the herd becomes huntable, you can bet the tags will be at a premium price and I'll be too old to even think about rolling one of them behimouths over to gut, let alone try to haul it out.
 I'd just as soon let this one be settled amongst them that do have a stake in it.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 01:41:48 PM »
If it's any indication, I refuse to take part in KY's elk draw each year.  >:(  I would rather pay the money and go out west somewhere, or even to a private hunting preserve, than to pay my $10 to take place in the corrupt elk fiasco here in KY.  :tickedoff

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Online MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2010, 01:52:27 PM »
If it's any indication, I refuse to take part in KY's elk draw each year.  >:(  I would rather pay the money and go out west somewhere, or even to a private hunting preserve, than to pay my $10 to take place in the corrupt elk fiasco here in KY.  :tickedoff

LOL, funny, Ky is one of the states where MDC is quoting elk restoration as a resounding success
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2010, 02:04:09 PM »
LOL, funny, Ky is one of the states where MDC is quoting elk restoration as a resounding success

The restoration of the animals themselves has been a resounding success.  The attitudes of people in the state towards it though is another story.  >:(

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2010, 02:39:22 PM »
Its like Okla. Its a once in a lifetime draw and you get a cow tag!!! :uglystupid2 Thats what happened to my bud johnny! :knuppel2
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2010, 03:09:13 PM »
Its like Okla. Its a once in a lifetime draw and you get a cow tag!!! :uglystupid2 Thats what happened to my bud johnny! :knuppel2

Nope.  It's the opposite here.  There's some people that have been drawn 4-5 times, and for bull permits each time.  :tickedoff  As I said, corrupt!  :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Facebook Comments