December 18, 2017, 07:39:04 AM

Author Topic: Tennessee: Right to hunt, fish amendment needed  (Read 719 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Tennessee: Right to hunt, fish amendment needed
« on: September 15, 2010, 09:24:04 AM »
Tennessee: Right to hunt, fish amendment needed

When Tennesseans go to the polls Nov. 2 the state's right to hunt and fish amendment will be on the ballot. For the amendment to become part of the state constitution it will need 50 percent of the total number of votes in the gubernatorial race plus one. Three other states -- Arkansas, Arizona and South Carolina -- have similar referendums this year.

Read About It: The Knoxville News Sentinel (Tenn.)

Posted: 9/14/2010 9:42:45 AM

Note: Many news sites archive stories after a short period of time. If the link above is expired please contact the site for information about accessing this story. 

Copyright 2010, National Rifle Association of America, Institute for Legislative Action.  This may be reproduced. It may not be reproduced for commercial purposes.  11250 Waples Mill Road, Fairfax, VA 22030    800-392-8683

Courtesy of the NRA-ILA

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Tennessee: Right to hunt, fish amendment needed
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 09:43:21 AM »
It should head off any future attempts of PETA.  O0 O0 O0 O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 01:23:38 PM »
More Info.....

Tennessee: Right to hunt, fish on ballot
Insofar as organization goes, the push for adding a right to hunt and fish to Tennessee's constitution is unopposed within the state. Supporters include virtually all state legislators, both the Democratic and Republican gubernatorial nominees and a host of organizations and individuals with ties to hunting and fishing interests, reported to annually generate $2.4 billion in economic activity within the state. But there's no guarantee that the proposed state constitutional amendment will be approved, given that those who skip the issue on the Nov. 2 statewide ballot while voting in the governor's race will effectively be voting no. Only those affirmatively voting "yes" for the amendment matter.

Read About It: The Knoxville News Sentinel (Tenn.)

Posted: 10/11/2010 9:36:07 AM

Note: Many news sites archive stories after a short period of time. If the link above is expired please contact the site for information about accessing this story. 

Copyright 2010, National Rifle Association of America, Institute for Legislative Action.  This may be reproduced. It may not be reproduced for commercial purposes.  11250 Waples Mill Road, Fairfax, VA 22030    800-392-8683

Courtesy of the NRA-ILA
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 06:29:46 PM »
Hope they pass it.

But we passed our's back in 2004 or 2005 and while I'm happy with it; the REAL problem in this state isn't from the anti's, but from the buttheads in our own ranks who say it's their way or the highway!!

If everybody gives up hunting because of self serving douchebags...What's the point of having an Amendment protecting it? :tickedoff :tickedoff :knuppel2 :knuppel2
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Facebook Comments