December 16, 2017, 10:03:48 AM

Author Topic: Try Again Tomorrow.  (Read 3477 times)

Offline bohicajuan

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Try Again Tomorrow.
« on: September 17, 2010, 08:32:10 PM »
Going to head down after I get off work tonight and try again. Supposed to be in the 90's again and no rain in the forcast. As far as I know nobody has taken one yet on our property, so we'll see what happens.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline 2Nutz

Re: Try Again Tomorrow.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 01:35:57 AM »
Good luck bud, Im waiting til the ticks put on their fur coats! O0 O0
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 10:01:18 AM »
Yeah, good luck, bo!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline BigStrutter

• Happiness is a 50 cal.
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 02:47:16 PM »
Hope you got one Bo. I spent my Saturday drinkin' cold beer and listening to bluegrass at the Asheville Brewgrass Festival. They had 42 brewers there and some great music, the Infamous Stringdusters headlined. Plus being able to sit back drink beer and watch the hippies was pretty amusing too.

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 04:46:38 PM »
Watching hippies is kind of like going to the zoo, Ned.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 10:48:57 AM »
Hope you got one Bo.  O0  It's still too hot for me to mess with deer hunting.  :idiot2
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 12:03:00 PM »
Had a friend's 10 year old Son kill his 1st one on Thursday with a crossbow. I'll try and find a pic.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2010, 04:44:59 PM »
Glad somebody is scoring, because I struck out again. Nobody showed up this weekend and I had the property all to myself. Woke up Saturday and  thermometer said it was 80 degrees at 6am, and there was zero wind. It got up to about 92 by noon and stayed there the whole day. I don't remember this part of Georgia being this hot, this time of year before.

It's a good thing I brought the anti-tick stuff BC sent me because they were ALL OVER the clubhouse, but they stayed off of me and I have to say, that stuff really works!!!! O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

Since I was alone, I spent most of Saturday scouting. I finally put up my portable stand in a bottom that had some white oaks and a creek with some water in it about 3pm and hunted until dark. Saw a few squirrels though, and at least that was enough to keep me from getting discouraged.

Went back to the same spot on Sunday and about 1pm saw 4 doe on the other side of the creek. They were a good 50-60 yards away and walking through some thick stuff, I'd have thought twice about shooting through with a rifle, so I wasn't going to try it with my bow.

Maybe I should practice more so I can get back to making those 70 yard shots at 10" plates like I used to do? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :idiot2 :uglystupid2 :buck2

It was weird though, because it was like NOBODY was hunting. Usually I'll see some guys from surrounding clubs, but this weekend it felt like I was the only one hunting in the whole state.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2010, 09:15:00 AM »
It sure sounds like you was the only person hunting, bo. Hunting during hot weather is really tough.

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2010, 09:48:14 AM »
yea Bo, I have never seen it this hot this late in Sept. We have had .6 of rain in the last month here in SO GA. Waiting on some rain to put in the rest of the food plots. It was 97 here yesterday and for the life of me, I can't even imagine trying to hunt in this weather. I wish they would back the season up about a month for Bow and extend Rifle until the end of Jan.

Facebook Comments