October 23, 2017, 02:16:21 AM

Author Topic: Try Again Tomorrow.  (Read 3337 times)

Offline bohicajuan

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Re: Try Again Tomorrow.
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2010, 05:28:57 PM »
I can't even imagine trying to hunt in this weather. I wish they would back the season up about a month for Bow and extend Rifle until the end of Jan.

When I was a kid, gun season always opened the first Saturday in November.

They moved it back to spread the kill out more over the entire season, back around 1980; claiming that 60% of all deer killed in the state were killed in the first 3 days, when it opened in November.

Bow season back then opened in late September and ran into late October.

I wish we would go back to a November opener and let it run into January and maybe have a late January hunt for bows and black powder.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

BBF

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2010, 06:24:57 PM »
We got a balmy 59 deg here :)

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2010, 09:47:53 AM »
We got a balmy 59 deg here :)
:tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff!

If I say what I think about your 59 deg, I might get banned for life!!!! LOL! Gonna get a cool front this weekend and the temp will get all the way down to ....... 90 !!!!!!

When you guys are trying to hunt in those freezing temps in a couple months, I'll think about you while I am in a long sleeve shirt and still swatting bugs. I think I got out the coveralls maybe 1 or 2 times all of last hunting season.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 09:51:26 AM by J-BUCKS »

BBF

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2010, 02:50:22 PM »
Oh, I'm bailing out of here. Comes the 3rd week of Nov and I'm off to points SOUTH :)

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2010, 09:25:02 PM »
There is some weird do-do going on here. It was supposed to be hot and sunny all day with the high about 92.

It was for the most part.

Around 4pm it got cloudy and it started to pour. Thunder and lightning and it rained at least an hour and about 30 minutes of that was like a hurricane!

It'll probably snow tomorrow or we'll have a volcano!!
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2010, 08:55:23 AM »
It's supposed to hit 100 here today.  >:(
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

BBF

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2010, 11:10:17 AM »
Windy, sunshine and 60 deg here today ;D

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2010, 12:10:15 PM »
Windy, sunshine and 60 deg here today ;D

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2010, 09:32:22 PM »
I thought today was the first full day of fall?

It was 92! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2010, 08:24:47 AM »
High of 71 and low of 50 here today, high of 69 tomorrow.  :twisted: We may be able to send ya some of it to cool ya down.  :wink:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments