December 14, 2017, 03:24:56 AM

Author Topic: Try Again Tomorrow.  (Read 3461 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Try Again Tomorrow.
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2010, 09:42:09 AM »
It dropped to 72 degrees here today. If it stays like this through the weekend, it might get them moving!

It was 45 degrees this morning when I got up.  :shock:  It's finally cooled down enough that I might start getting out and see what I can make die.  :twisted:
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2010, 09:45:50 AM »
It was 45 degrees this morning when I got up.  :shock:  It's finally cooled down enough that I might start getting out and see what I can make die.  :twisted:
  O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 Good luck, BC!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2010, 05:52:34 PM »
Supposed to go down into the 50's tonight, so I'm going down after I get off from work. Hope they're moving!
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2010, 08:58:31 AM »
Got up this morning and it was 41 degrees outside.  :shock:

Good luck Bo.  O0  Hope you stay awake long enough this time to get a shot.  :roll: ;D

Got too much stuff to do around here to think about hunting much this weekend.  >:(  Next weekend is the 2 day youth gun season here.  Gotta go help teach a Bowhunter Education instructor course on Saturday.  :tickedoff  What kind of moron schedules a class on that weekend??  >:( :tickedoff >:( :tickedoff  I might be able to get the boy out on Sunday to see if he can tag one.  The next weekend is our 2 day early muzzleloading season.  Guess I better get the smokepole out this weekend and make sure the scope is still set.  O0

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2010, 04:18:44 PM »
Got one Sunday morning. Nice little 6 point that was walking with 2 doe. They were making their way throw the bottom and I was up on a ridge, that I hoped was a funnel, and thankfully it was.

Dressed out at about 95lbs. I took him to a prcessor that I've never been to before, and they had a couple of nice deer, including an 11 point that went about 120 B&C. The rack was wide, but lacked mass. I'd have zapped it though. Our club had no deer killed up until this weekend and now all of a sudden we have 5 deer.

My 6 point, a spike and three doe were all killed from Friday to Sunday. It's amazing what some good weather will do for you. It was about 50-55 all three mornings so it kept them moving.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2010, 05:30:00 PM »
O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0
Still killen and grillen!!!

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2010, 07:25:28 AM »
 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 Nice going, bo!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2010, 12:10:36 PM »
Hey Congrats Old Man!!!  O0  You know what they say?  Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.  :wink: ;D  It should be some good eatin'. :D

When I got up this morning it was 36 degrees.  :shock:  Even if the boy doesn't go this weekend, I may have to get out there anyways.  :wink:

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2010, 06:07:34 PM »
Maybe it's just me, but I think going from 100 grain Magnus to 125 grain Magnus made a difference.

It just "felt" better. The shot was to his right side as he was quartering away and was walking up a slight grade. It hit him center and actually punctured the heart.

He ran less than 50 feet before going down. He was trailing the does, but he wasn't in rut. He was about a 1 1/2 years old judging by his teeth.

BTW....

I was IN my Ol Man portable climber!!! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Facebook Comments