December 14, 2017, 09:55:05 AM

Author Topic: KENTUCKY COURT RULES PETS ARE PROPERTY  (Read 944 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
KENTUCKY COURT RULES PETS ARE PROPERTY
« on: September 23, 2010, 01:37:34 PM »
I'm putting this in the Outdoor News area because this is something that affects anyone that owns a hunting dog.  This set a federal precendent in the courts, so keep it in mind in case anything like this happens in your area.

KENTUCKY COURT RULES PETS ARE PROPERTY

U.S. District court in Kentucky has ruled against a basic tenant of the Animal Rights agenda. The historic challenge against Louisville Law wins rights for all pet owners.

Barbara Haines, Louisville Kennel Club, has been waiting for this decision for almost a year.  The December 2007 suit by the LKC was joined by veterinarians and concerned pet owners.  The Federal ruling sets a precedent with far-reaching implications, and sets the stage for class-action lawsuits nationwide; anywhere similar ordinances have been enacted and Constitutional rights of pet owners have been violated.

Full Article:  The Dog Press

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
Re: KENTUCKY COURT RULES PETS ARE PROPERTY
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 04:38:36 PM »
two words. wow and nice come to mind... ask any person out there who owns or has owned a dog, its not a dog but an extention of the owner, a part of the family unit....
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 05:40:07 PM »
 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

Does this mean we get to keep Nutz?!
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 08:16:33 PM »
O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

Does this mean we get to keep Nutz?!

That's something that courts would need to decide.  On the one hand, pets are personal property, but that only takes into consideration "known species".  Since Nutz is considered somewhat of an "Unknown" species, or a "Conglomerate" of several species, then that would be up to the courts to decide.  O0

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 09:02:03 PM »
Hey now! Least I dont drag my butt on the carpet like Plott and Nick! :-P ;D ;D
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 09:24:18 PM »

That's only because that particular behavior was developed later in the evolutionary scale.  :roll:

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2010, 11:01:09 PM »
Yer damn right they are my personal property and i will do with as i see fit
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2010, 06:58:28 AM »

thats one of them learned behaviors aint it?
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2010, 10:14:24 AM »
Basically, the reason that all of the lawsuits came about was that Louisville Metro Animal Services (LMAS) were coming onto people's property, when people weren't home, and "confiscating" their dogs if they thought that you weren't taking care of them or if the dog wasn't licensed. >:(  If the dog hadn't been spayed or neutered, they did it, without asking if they could.  If you wanted your dog back, you had to pay their "fees", which included the licensing, spay/neuter, and boarding.  If you didn't have the money, they sold your dog or put it to sleep. >:(

One woman had a prize English Bulldog that was a show champion taken by LMAS.  Yep, you guessed it.  They neutered the dog.  >:(  So needless to say, she sued them.  Several others that owned hunting dogs had them confiscated.  That's why the League of Kentucky Sportsmen (LKS) was involved in the suits.

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Facebook Comments