November 17, 2017, 12:11:32 PM

Author Topic: Cant hardly stand it anymore  (Read 1663 times)

Offline Juandogg

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • When in Doubt DTFB
Cant hardly stand it anymore
« on: September 25, 2010, 08:46:12 PM »
roughly 40 more days and i can see what the blood and sweat has accomplished. This summer i have lost some good dogs got screwed on some junk dogs and worked some prospects  but no matter what ya think it don't count till ya start piling fur on the tailgate. I don't think it will be as good as last year but then again its hard to top 112 coon  in 20 days   i jest hope the 2 i got will be worth their feed otherwise it will be back to the beginning and i don't know if i can start all over
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Cant hardly stand it anymore
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 11:19:47 AM »
Well, you for sure know hounds and coonhunting, plott. Like you said, it's pretty much up to the dogs after that.
Bummer on your bad luck with the other dogs. A fella has to dump a lot of feed into them before ya even know if they are worth their salt. I know you lost a couple because of accidents, too.  :sad:

112 coon in 20 days is pretty good, especially where you are located.  O0 If you had more timber there, you would have to skin everything in the timber. That, or have a pack mule to carry all the coon.

Hey! I have a pal that raises jumping mules!  O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments