October 23, 2017, 04:55:30 PM

Author Topic: Last Chance to Comment on Proposed Hunter Orange Mandate in Oregon  (Read 1087 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Last Chance to Comment on Proposed Hunter Orange Mandate in Oregon
« on: September 28, 2010, 12:59:35 PM »
Last Chance to Comment on Proposed Hunter Orange Mandate in Oregon: Thursday, September 30, in Bend 

Monday, September 27, 2010

There are now three different options under the proposed hunter orange rule currently being considered by the Oregon Fish & Wildlife Commission.  They range from maintaining the status quo of no hunter orange requirement, to requiring a hunter orange upper garment or hat for hunters 17 years of age or younger, or for sportsmen of all ages, while hunting big game and upland birds (except turkey) with a centerfire firearm or shotgun.

More Info:  NRA-ILA

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Re: Last Chance to Comment on Proposed Hunter Orange Mandate in Oregon
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 10:24:25 PM »
I just had a brainstorm!!!!!!

Blaze Orange condoms!!!!!!
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 09:53:22 AM »

Already being done.  O0

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 11:24:11 AM »

Dam Bo then they will spot you sneaken in the back of the whore house! :shock: :twisted: ;D ;D ;D ;D
Still killen and grillen!!!

BBF

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 12:10:47 AM »
MY take
I prefer no orange, red or nasty fluorecent green period.Camo is my choice, if I can't be seen I can't be shot.
This province until this season required vest and hat in solid orange.
They have changed it to camo orange this year which I presume that the orange can have some sort of other color(black) in a pattern that breaks up that neon sign image of solid orange. 

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 06:02:50 PM »
That nasty flourescent green(chartreuse) is now being made mandatory at many police departments.

They say it stands out better than orange. I don't know if a agree with that, but all our vests now are that color. I imagine within a year or two we'll start seeing it made legal for hunters to wear too.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 07:41:31 PM »
"Supposedly"......... the color 'hunter orange' is the only color that doesn't occur in nature, that's why it's been adopted as the mandatory safety color by states.  Several years ago, when the fluorescent green color first started to be used, while at our annual Hunter Education Workshop, along with some other stuff in a box, I got a fluorescent green safety vest that was supposed to be used while turkey hunting.  ???  "Supposedly" turkeys can't see that color.  :roll: 

I'm here to tell you, turkeys can see color.  And if they can see color, they CAN DEFINITELY see THAT color!  ;D  So needless to say, I've never used the vest for turkey hunting.  ;D ;D ;D

But I do agree, it definitely stands out!  :shock:

John Andrews Is My Hero!

BBF

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2010, 12:11:45 PM »
Of course birds see color, thats why a lot have that vivid plumage.

I agree, that Green is evil looking and stands waaay out.

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2010, 05:47:08 PM »
I'm just going to paint my whole body orange and hunt nekkid!!!
 :buck2 :buck2 :buck2 :buck2 :buck2 :buck2 :buck2 :buck2 :buck2 :buck2 :buck2 :buck2 :buck2 :buck2 :buck2 :buck2 :buck2 :buck2 :buck2

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2010, 06:02:12 PM »
I'm just going to paint my whole body orange and hunt nekkid!!!
 :buck2 :buck2 :buck2 :buck2 :buck2 :buck2 :buck2 :buck2 :buck2 :buck2 :buck2 :buck2 :buck2 :buck2 :buck2 :buck2 :buck2 :buck2 :buck2

You think the orange is going to make any kind of difference from the pasty white color?  ??? ??? ???

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Facebook Comments