November 24, 2017, 11:46:19 AM

Author Topic: Duck Duck GOOSE!!!  (Read 1702 times)

Offline Duneman101

• Gut Pile Guide
Duck Duck GOOSE!!!
« on: October 04, 2010, 09:50:41 AM »
The opener was interesting to say the least.  Got out to the marsh at about 4:30 AM seemed to be the only people in the area we set up in.  the water was so low it was ridiculous, probably half as much marsh to hunt this year opposed to last year.  we got the decoys set up for duck about 5ish and layed down to take a nap, a couple of muddy boats plowed by then about 6 some idiot who knew we were there set up about 50 yards past us, we knew he knew we were there because we heard him talking about our decoys and i turned my flashlight on as he passed as well.  then about 6:30 ish, two dickweeds and a kid walk right up to us, talked about how low it was turned around and went 30 yards and sat up shop in the reeds, so 6:45 we haved a boat full of hunter 50 yards to the west of us, and 3 turds 30 yards to the east of us.  official shoot time was 7:30, at 7 the guys to the east of us try sky busting two ducks that were in the upper atmosphere, my buddy yelled down at them "you can't start shooting till 7:30 JACKASS" they didn't shoot again till 7:30.  we didn't see many ducks at all that were shootable, they were all flying real high except for the occasional loner or two.  the geese were coming in heavy though, so we ran our goose shells out behind us so we could watch for geese and ducks.  we kept turning them into us, but the hunters all around us kept trying to shoot way high up, i think i took three shots with three kills....  one banded goose and two hens one malard, one gadwall.  we would have had a truck load if there would have been space, we did some great calling and i think we must have had a good pattern on the decoys because they all kept comin in.

Then last night we went out jump shooting, i missed one, then i picked up a single with a spectacular shot.  for the weekend i went 4/5. 

sorry for the crappy pics, my cell phone sucks and i'm to broke to buy a decent digital camera.

Only dead fish swim with the current!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Duck Duck GOOSE!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 10:47:23 AM »
Sounds like you didn't do too bad.  :wink:  Well, except for the morons.  >:(  That's one thing I can't stand is when people don't respect an area that someone else has staked out.  :tickedoff
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Duneman101

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 12:01:08 PM »
Sounds like you didn't do too bad.  :wink:  Well, except for the morons.  >:(  That's one thing I can't stand is when people don't respect an area that someone else has staked out.  :tickedoff

Yeah i mean i know its public property and i don't own the bay, but setting up right on my hunting spot is low give me a couple hundred yards, if we hadn't spent so much time setting up we would have hiked clear out to the big water. 

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 04:22:09 PM »
Way to go! O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 07:54:51 AM »
Yeah on that! It sounds like you was surrounded by skybusting morons.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Duneman101

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 10:06:44 AM »
I'm not gonna say, i've never sky busted...  but not on the opener and not when everyone had decoys, the birds hadn't been educated yet so they were gonna land right on us, there was no reason to shoot a box of shells into space!

Facebook Comments