October 21, 2017, 03:38:11 PM

Author Topic: Your Game laws!  (Read 1052 times)

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
Your Game laws!
« on: October 05, 2010, 09:23:47 AM »
Which states have laws about spot lighting game? I know that here in GA that if all you are doing is riding around looking for deer with a light, you will get a " Love Letter" from the DNR and might lose your truck also. What is the laws regarding this in your area? 

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Your Game laws!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 09:38:36 AM »
Which states have laws about spot lighting game? I know that here in GA that if all you are doing is riding around looking for deer with a light, you will get a " Love Letter" from the DNR and might lose your truck also. What is the laws regarding this in your area? 
It's the same here in Iowa. It's probably about the same in every state.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 10:55:01 AM »
The reason I asked is I was reading on another site that there are states where you can ride around and spotlight deer just to look at them and not get into trouble. Just wanted to know where you can do it without getting a harassing wildlife ticket. 

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 12:36:39 PM »
Here is part of Oklahoma's
No person may attempt to take, take, attempt to catch, catch, attempt to capture, capture, attempt to kill, or kill any deer, feral animal or other wildlife except fish and frogs or except as probided by law, by the use of a vehicle mounted spotlight or other powerful light at night, by what is commonly known as "headlighting" or use of any light enhancement device (night scope).  Provided, however, nothing in this code shall prevent one from possessing a .22 caliber rimfire rifle or .22 caliber rimfire pistol and a light carried on his person while in pursuit of furbearers with hounds during the legal, open furbearer season, while possessing a valid hunting license and bobcat-raccoon-gray/red fox license unless exempt.
Only thing I didnt find is if your in posession of a spotlight at night in field and  have a gun on you or in your close procsimity you will be booked as poaching!
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 12:40:42 PM »
And here is Missouri's
Artificial Light. No person shall throw
or cast the rays of a spotlight, headlight, or
other artificial light on any highway or roadway,
whether public or private, or in any
field, woodland, or forest for the purpose of
spotting, locating, or attempting to take or
hunt any game animal, except raccoons or
other furbearing animals when treed with the
aid of dogs, while having in possession or
control, either singly or as one (1) of a group
of persons, any firearm, bow, or other implement
whereby game could be killed.
(C) Night Vision and Thermal Imagery
Equipment. No person may possess or control
night vision or thermal imagery equipment
while acting singly or as one (1) of a
group of persons while in possession of any
firearm, bow, or other implement whereby
wildlife could be killed or taken.

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 09:43:33 AM »
Yea, that sounds like Missouri Regs. Guess the new scopes that they are advertizeing for predator hunting would not be acceptable huh?

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 11:37:26 AM »
Kentucky can get you a couple of ways.....

No person shall discharge any firearm, bow and arrow, crossbow or other similar device, upon, over or across any public roadway.  Hunting is prohibited in highway or interstate medians and rights of way.

No person may deliberately cast the rays of a spotlight or other artificial light into any field, pasture, woodlands or forest, whether public or private, where wildlife or domestic livestock may reasonably be expected to be located. Shining artificial lights into private residences or other structures is also prohibited. This does not apply to: the rays of headlights of vehicles engaged in a normal course of travel; lights being used in legitimate agricultural activities; anyone involved in activities legitimate to his or her business or occupation; circumstances including lawful hunting activities; or any landowner, his or her immediate family or any paid employee while working on his or her land at that time. No person shall take wildlife, except raccoons, opossums, fishes and frogs, using lights or other means designed to blind wildlife or make wildlife visible at night.

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2010, 05:59:59 PM »
At one time it was legal to shine deer in Florida year around, but you couldn't do it from a public road and you couldn't have any weapons in your vehicle. That was many moons ago and I don't know if it's still legal or not.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2010, 06:34:34 PM »
I'm NOT saying you should do this and I would NEVER do it.

But, you're driving along some night, and some jerk is behind you with his hi-beams on and won't dim them......

A Q-Beam from your car to his, goes a LONG way in curing that problem.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2010, 07:59:09 PM »
I'm NOT saying you should do this and I would NEVER do it.

But, you're driving along some night, and some jerk is behind you with his hi-beams on and won't dim them......

A Q-Beam from your car to his, goes a LONG way in curing that problem.
Hell yeah!!!!!  O0 O0 O0 O0 I got some high highbeams for the on comers to!!! O0 O0

Facebook Comments