November 19, 2017, 04:33:58 PM

Author Topic: Ellwood in the Northwoods.....Ehh  (Read 1958 times)

Offline ellwoodjake

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • CHASING (cotton)TAIL
    • http://www.tw200forum.com
Ellwood in the Northwoods.....Ehh
« on: October 11, 2010, 05:24:22 AM »
Just got back from upper Wisconsin with a bunch of locals, who were crazy enough to travel 900 miles to chase grouse. damn, what a week!! We hunted hard every day, and most harvests were similar to the 2 daily samples pictured here. No one was suprised when 'ol Ronny couldn't resist hammering a hare. This was a safari to remember. By the end of the week, all our legs were a little shakey, and the dog collars were fitting a little loose. Oh well back to work and reality this morning. :'(
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 05:31:54 AM by ellwoodjake »
(\__/)
(='.'=) Salad isn't food-it's what food eats!!
(")_(")
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Ellwood in the Northwoods.....Ehh
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 09:44:24 AM »
  O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0
O0 O0
You guys done good, ellwood!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 10:24:00 PM »
Man, talk about a hillbilly being "out of his element"!  :shock:

;D ;D ;D

Did you have trouble walking on that flat ground up there?  I've been grouse hunting a couple of times in eastern KY.  Them fellers are nuts over there!  :idiot2  Hope the fellers 'up nort' had more sense about them.  ;D

Looks like a pretty good score.  Congrats!!!  O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline ellwoodjake

• Global Moderator
  • CHASING (cotton)TAIL
    • http://www.tw200forum.com
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 05:32:37 AM »
Those guys I went with have been going for years. This was the first time I've gotten to tag along. I was definately out of my element for a few days. I just thought rabbits were tough to hit. Going through the "popples", I felt like one of those dogs on TV, doing the agility trials. After we left, I heard the state of Wisconsin is applying for federal money to make Iron county a Superfund site, due to lead contamination in the soil. Yeah, those guys are sadistic demons. Their goal all week was to try to hurt me and the dogs.
(\__/)
(='.'=) Salad isn't food-it's what food eats!!
(")_(")
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 09:03:26 AM »
I hunted bear in their iron country, was good hunting.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 09:42:39 PM »
Now THAT was f'n cool!!! O0 O0 O0 O0

This Cracker's never even SEEN a grouse!!

Look's like y'all had some serious fun!! O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

Wasn't Iron county where the Hanson brother's were from, in the movie "Slap Shot?"
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 05:38:15 PM by bohica »
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

BBF

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2010, 07:07:23 PM »
We used to shoot those grouse( fool hens) with slingshots. Now a blue grouse is a different thing alltogether.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2010, 08:54:49 PM »
We used to shoot those grouse( fool hens) with slingshots. Now a blue grouse is a different thing alltogether.

If it was in the grocer's freezer, I bet I could still miss it!! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :idiot2 :idiot2
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2010, 09:39:37 AM »
We sure have, along with tundra flavored snowshoe hares.  Great eating, too!  O0 Both are tundra flavored where I hunted them outside of Fairbanks. Leftovers makes great stew.  O0

Early morning in the Canadian Yukon east of there with the frost on the ground and stew simmering over a campfire meant keeping one eye open over my shoulder for big critters, but it was worth it.  :)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2010, 09:41:07 AM »
Ellwood, did you see any pheasants? I used to see quite a few around Cotton.

Facebook Comments