December 16, 2017, 11:48:20 AM

Author Topic: New from VA  (Read 1547 times)

Offline Hooks

New from VA
« on: October 14, 2010, 09:51:23 PM »
Found this site while on the search for squirrel recipes.  Looks like my kind of forum. 

If I'm not working or playing music, I'm outdoors.  Always nice to find a place to talk about it, my wife has grown bored with my stories. 

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
Re: New from VA
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 10:08:21 PM »
Welcome to Gut Pile Style Hooks!  It's an odd bunch.....but they'll grow on ya!   ;D   
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 12:08:50 AM »
Welcome Hooks. Gotcha on the wife thing, mine don't even pretend to listen anymore. What kinda music you play ?
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2010, 08:47:00 AM »
  O0 Welcome to the GPS gang, Hooks! Yes, this gang does kind of grow on ya, ..........................................!  ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Hooks

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2010, 10:19:56 AM »
Thanks for the welcomes.

What kinda music you play ?

I play guitar and sing (horribly), my wife plays drums, my bro-in-law bass.  I like old country like Waylon, DAC, Cash.  Some new stuff like Jamey Johnson and Hank III.  I've still not got the country lead playing figured out yet, but I can get by.  I grew up playing Hendrix, the Stones, Skynyrd and Hatchet.  We still play a lot of that from time to time, depends on whose listening.  A few of Zakk Wylde's older songs always sneaks in every time we play as well.  So yea, pretty much everything but the real heavy stuff and soft rock.

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2010, 11:25:43 AM »
I like old country like Waylon, DAC, Cash.
Some new stuff like Jamey Johnson and Hank III.
I grew up playing Hendrix, the Stones, Skynyrd and Hatchet.
A few of Zakk Wylde's older songs always sneaks in every time we play as well.
I approve your taste in music. O0 O0
Welcome to the Pile!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2010, 01:22:58 PM »
I approve your taste in music. O0 O0
Welcome to the Pile!

I'm sure he was just waiting for you to give your approval.  :roll:

;D ;D ;D

Welcome to the site Hooks. O0  Other than a few oddballs such as the old Injun and our animal rights activist Site Admin, we're all pretty normal.  O0 :wink:  Well, there is Nutz.............  ???  We've not quite figured out what species he is.  Then there's Bohica.................  :shock: :idiot2  Don't even get me started on Plott!  :crazy2 :crazy2 :crazy2 :crazy2

Most everyone is pretty harmless though.  O0  Just make sure you're up to date on all of your vaccinations.  O0 O0

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2010, 01:39:12 PM »
VACCINATIONS???? We don't need no stinking Vaccinations!!!!!  :shock: :shock: :shock:
Welcome to the pile Hooks! BC forgot to warn you about...... BC!!!!!

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2010, 08:37:34 PM »
Welcome!

Don't listen to BC.

He's just angry because we won't return his a**less chaps!!!

I went to college in Florida, back in the Molly Hatchet days. Saw them perform a few times with Danny Joe Brown and Jimmy Farrar as lead vocalists. They made some serious music, along with Skynard and .38 Special! O0 O0 O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2010, 06:15:10 AM »
wow i didnt make the list.. guess i need a new poking stick or something here... welcome to the pile! dont be afraid to toss your two cents in when and where ya can!
when in doubt shoot twice

Facebook Comments