December 14, 2017, 10:07:37 AM

Author Topic: Fresh Backstrap at the house!!!!  (Read 790 times)

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
Fresh Backstrap at the house!!!!
« on: October 18, 2010, 01:48:08 PM »
Well, on Friday night, I was conned into going to the county school football game. After fighting 9,000 folks to get out of the stadium, back to the car and to the house, I didn't get in bed until 1 am. The alarm went off at 5:15 and I dragged my sorry self out of the bed. Dressed and loaded the truck and drove the 30 mins to my little slice of Heaven. When I arrived my 66 year old Father had beat me out there. We talked for a few mins and then I started my 1/2 mile hike to my stand. When I got in my stand the Turkeys were just flying down and I knew it was going to be a great morning. Around 9:15 I hear someone going " BAAA, BAAAA" and then BLAM! I waited for 30 mins and then heard my 4 wheeler start up. I crawled out of my stand and started toward the truck. As I came in sight of my Father's stand,he was standing with his hands in the air like he had just scored a touchdown! Walked over and he had laid out a pretty nice 6pt. Then the work began!  
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 03:38:56 PM by Big58cal »

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Fresh Backstrap at the house!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 03:42:49 PM »
Tell your dad CONGRATS!!!!

BTW, that's quite the hair on that kid!  ;D ;D ;D

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 04:12:12 PM »
LOL! yea that is my brother's boy. He didn't want his pic taken with his stocking cap on his head so he pulled it off right before I snapped the pic! It is the greatest thing to stand over a deer with 3 generations all helping with it. Makes me want to bottle the moment and keep it forever!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 04:18:52 PM »
Tell him next time to leave the cap on.  :shock:

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Also, be sure and tell him that the picture is posted on here FOR GOD & EVERYBODY TO SEE;D  Should be a big hit with his friends.  :wink:

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 05:41:04 PM »
Way to go!!! O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

Now it's YOUR turn!! :wink: O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2010, 09:54:20 AM »
Tell your dad CONGRATS!!!!

BTW, that's quite the hair on that kid!  ;D ;D ;D

O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 Yeah on that! Youngun looks like he had a good day, too!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2010, 11:39:04 AM »
that boy was with my Brother when he took a 7pt a couple years ago. He was out there sitting with his Grandpa when I took a nice 8pt and then he was sitting again with my brother when his grandpa took this one. When I put a rifle in his hands, the Deer won't have a chance with that kind of luck!  :shock:
Just have to convince My Sister in Law that her baby won't get hurt shooting a big bad loud rifle.LOL!

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2010, 05:08:29 PM »
that boy was with my Brother when he took a 7pt a couple years ago. He was out there sitting with his Grandpa when I took a nice 8pt and then he was sitting again with my brother when his grandpa took this one. When I put a rifle in his hands, the Deer won't have a chance with that kind of luck!  :shock:
Just have to convince My Sister in Law that her baby won't get hurt shooting a big bad loud rifle.LOL!

Forget about hunting! Take him with you when you buy a lottery ticket! :wink: O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2010, 05:27:04 PM »
No kidding!  Can I borrow him in a few weeks?  :wink:

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline steeliebob

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2010, 01:18:34 PM »
Throw a little olive oil in the skillet. When I pull teh backstraps off I make sure that I am not too far from a fry pan and a fire. The fresher the better. In fact you know they will be good if you have to chase them around the kitchen.

Facebook Comments