October 23, 2017, 02:22:44 AM

Author Topic: NEW DEER GUN  (Read 586 times)

Offline SCHINK

• Gut Pile Club Member
NEW DEER GUN
« on: October 18, 2010, 01:14:15 PM »
I eneded up going to a ARCHERY BANQUET with a buddy this weekend and walked out with a NEW Remington 7600 270 pump rifle... O0 O0 O0  I have my old trusty 30 06 semi auto so I was just thinking that I would sell THE 270......UNTIL I got home and checked it out.....it looks like it found a good home...it will be a great back-up gun even though I never shot a 270 before I hear it's a good load..

SCHINK
HAPPINESS IS A BLOODY TAILGATE

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
Re: NEW DEER GUN
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 01:34:50 PM »
Great Rifle! 270 is all I have shot for the last 25 years. IMO it is the best all around caliber there is. Good for close shots in the brush and also good for the long range shots. I have taken deer from as close as 11 ft up to 225 yards with mine. Mine is a Rem. model 4 semi auto. If I ever get another rifle, it will be a bolt action 270 just to have a little more accuracy in my shot placement.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 03:48:25 PM »
The .270 Win is a heck of a caliber Schink.  O0  They don't make a very big hole going in or coming out, but everything they touch in the middle turns to mush!  :twisted:  Except for the oddball weird caliber every now and then, I always fall back to my .270.  :wink:

Loaded with 130 gr. rounds, they're hard to beat for anything, and are especially deadly on deer.  Don't get me wrong, the .30-06 is a great caliber in and of itself, but so is the .270.

If I had to choose 1 gun to hunt big game with, it would be a .30-06 because of the versatility and selection of bullets available.  If I could have 2, the other one would be a .270.  O0

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 05:48:32 PM »
Way to go sir!! .270 will zap anything in the lower 48 without a problem! O0 O0

Like BC said, it might not make a big hole, but it'll put 'em down for the count!!

Maybe you should play the lottery next!! :wink: O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 07:18:39 PM »
You got it for free?
Like you won it or something? 8)

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 07:30:19 PM »
Except for the oddball weird caliber every now and then

Stop talking about plott!! :twisted: :D ;D :wink:
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2010, 09:51:52 AM »
Stop talking about plott!! :twisted: :D ;D :wink:
  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
  O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 Congratulations, SCHINK! You are going to love that .270!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline SCHINK

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2010, 10:06:19 AM »
Thanks guys....I'm glad to hear you guys think it's a good gun....I wasn't sure when I won it....but now all I need to do is slap a good scope on it and I KNOCK some venison down with it.......MAYBE a coyote or 10 too

HAPPINESS IS A BLOODY TAILGATE

Facebook Comments