November 19, 2017, 09:01:23 PM

Author Topic: Think your dogs are tough?  (Read 5138 times)

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
Think your dogs are tough?
« on: October 22, 2010, 06:55:19 AM »
So ya think your dogs are tough?   :roll:

"Nigerian Debt Collector"   :twisted:

This was shared by a FB friend Robert Clarkson*  Awesome pic.  When you've got a pet Hyena - folks are gonna listen.   ;D
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
Re: Think your dogs are tough?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 07:40:54 AM »
never knew those things were so big of an animal!
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 08:47:38 AM »
 :shock: WOW! That critter could just about chomp your leg off with one bite!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Ks_Sniper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 01:19:14 AM »
That's a lot bigger than I thought Hyenas got, but the African Wild/Hunting Dog has always had a special place for me.

Ever seen one of these up close? They're head is almost disproportionately too big for the body. I want one... :evil: Too bad they're endangered. :roll:
When I was a child, I lived as a child. When I became a man, I put away my childish things and became a Gutpiler!

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.com ! http://www.camouflagenation.com http://www.thehuntingfiles.com  http://wildchildhuntingwear.com  http://www.isquirrelhunt.com http://www.iwhitetailhunt.com http://www.icoonhunt.com

Offline Morax

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2010, 04:30:52 AM »
dont they call these the painted dog also?  always thought they was different cause of the stand up round ears

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2010, 08:42:47 AM »
dont they call these the painted dog also?  always thought they was different cause of the stand up round ears
I think they used to call those wild dogs painted dogs. Cool critters, too.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Duneman101

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2010, 09:29:10 AM »
:shock: WOW! That critter could just about chomp your leg off with one bite!

Thats about right there, i read that a hyena could literally bite through an elephants leg bone, they are one of the few critters in the world that chew up and eat bone, thier mandibal muscles are amazingly huge.
Only dead fish swim with the current!

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2010, 03:04:32 PM »
At first I thought that photo had to be photoshopped. After doing a little research...maybe not. I had no idea they could reach 190 lbs. Thats alot of attitude on the end of a string.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2010, 07:50:21 PM »
I've always liked hyena's because they never fail to laugh at all my jokes!
 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Since we are in the Halloween season.......

Peter Hathaway Capstick; in his book "Death in the Long Grass", tells a story of a professional hunter in Africa back in the 1950's who was sent out to kill a marauding hyena that was killing livestock near some village in Kenya or Uganda. I can't remember which.

The hunter was told by the villager's that it was not a hyena, but a witch doctor from some nearby village who could turn himself into an hyena.

Of course the professional hunter being British, didn't believe in superstition and continued hunting the hyena.

Well he shot and killed it one night, and when he walked up to check the carcass, he saw it was not an hyena, but a human who turned out to be the witch doctor from the nearby village.

Strangely enough all the livestock killing stopped after the death of the witch doctor.

Capstick swears it's a true story. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Morax

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2010, 10:29:20 AM »

Well he shot and killed it one night, and when he walked up to check the carcass, he saw it was not an hyena, but a human who turned out to be the witch doctor from the nearby village.

Strangely enough all the livestock killing stopped after the death of the witch doctor.

Capstick swears it's a true story. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

i have heard of this many times before, not just overseas but right here, with the native american indians "shapeshifters" the one comes to mind right now a guy hit what he thought was a big wolf with his truck one night, he got out to find a old man laying there and when they examinened the body they found raw meat in his stomach

Facebook Comments