November 24, 2017, 07:41:59 AM

Author Topic: Steelhead Time  (Read 860 times)

Offline steeliebob

Steelhead Time
« on: October 22, 2010, 11:16:08 AM »
Now just about all of the fishermen are out in the woods. I am going to be river fishing for the Rainbow Trout from Hell. These tackle busters will be testing my drag to the limits. I will be getting everything ready tonight to go out in the am and throw a couple in the cooler. Happiness is lookin at a venison or steelhead gut pile.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Steelhead Time
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 10:23:02 AM »
  O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 Yeah on that, steelie! Good luck fishing!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 03:09:17 PM »
what river are we talking here?
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 09:16:35 AM »
what river are we talking here?

Yeah, where are you fishing? I never caught a keeper steelie. I caught a lot of too small to keep steelies in Washington when I was working there.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Morax

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2010, 09:32:11 AM »
Yeah, where are you fishing? I never caught a keeper steelie. I caught a lot of too small to keep steelies in Washington when I was working there.
will have to post some of the FILs catches from lake erie and surrounding waters...

Offline steeliebob

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 02:59:18 PM »
Great weekend on the river first fish was a nice fat 3 pounder which was followed up by a beast of a 12 pounder. Sunday I caught a 5 pounder and a 10 pounder. Three fish is the limit and I missed the third fish both Saturday and Sunday. Fall steelhead fishing in Michigans Upper Penninsula is where it is at. The best part will be the big fish & venison cookout that we will be having at my house this weekend.Sister in law just got back from an extended stay in Iraq and wants to eat fish and venison.

Offline Morax

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2010, 06:49:58 PM »
nice party at steeliebobs place!!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2010, 09:41:58 AM »
nice party at steeliebobs place!!

Yeah!
Those are some awesome fish ya caught, steelie!

Offline steeliebob

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2010, 10:34:12 AM »
Fishing just north of the Mackinac Bridge the one that seperates Yoopers from Trolls. A couple of days of really bad weather will be passing through then I will head back out to find some more silver. Nothing like fishing for some Michigan steelhead.

Facebook Comments