January 24, 2018, 06:18:08 AM

Author Topic: Did You See the Movie, "Signs"?  (Read 358 times)

Offline bohicajuan

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Did You See the Movie, "Signs"?
« on: October 28, 2010, 05:36:45 PM »
It was that movie about alien invasion and crop circles with Mel Gibson and Joaquin Phoenix and directed by M. Night Shyamalan. It came out in 2002.

Last night I went to a local watering hole for some choir practice and we got talking about scary movies and the movie Signs came up.

OK, these aliens have all this technology that is 1,000's of years ahead of us. They travel here from some unkown location to take humans prisoners for some unknown and nefarious purpose.

They can make their UFO's invisible and they make crop circles in corn field's and hide in them until it's time to attack.

Mel Gibson and his family barricade themselves in their basement with boards and nails.

Aliens can travel in UFO's and have such advanced technology, but they can't break down one door? Mel is able to hold off an entire invasion with some 2 X 4's and some nails from Home Depot?!

These aliens can't stand water either. It's like acid to them. If it get's on their skin it will kill them. So not only do they come to a planet that is 70% water, they show up naked, so they can get sprayed with water and it kills them.

Why can't they see that there is water here and put clothes on before trying to conquer the planet?

Wouldn't they be advanced enough to invent something like a dry suit?

The whole point here is that we are really dumbing our a**e's down with movies today. Not only was it NOT scary, it was STUPID!

Some movies are meant to be stupid and we laught at them. I'm pretty sure that wasn't the intent here.

No wonder Mel Gibson is an alcoholic and looney tune!!!!

To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline 2Nutz

Re: Did You See the Movie, "Signs"?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 07:48:39 PM »
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 06:11:34 AM »
dont forget they couldnt open doors, no opposable thumbs...
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline Duneman101

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 09:34:59 AM »
i'm pretty sure it wasn't meant to be a scary movie more of a long boring talk about faith before the aliens get a short cameo and all the the little crap clues through out the movie come full circle...  that Shamylan guy makes crap movies in my opinion. 
Only dead fish swim with the current!

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 12:20:35 PM »
he did a interview a while back, and he said most of his movie ideas were from bed time stories he told his kids.. what the hell is he raising for the next generation?!?
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 03:38:08 PM »
i'm pretty sure it wasn't meant to be a scary movie more of a long boring talk about faith before the aliens get a short cameo and all the the little crap clues through out the movie come full circle...  that Shamylan guy makes crap movies in my opinion. 

I was being facetious. Sometimes I can be a smarta** although nobody here would EVER guess that! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: O0

The movie was actually about the "higher power" that says all things in life have it's purpose and we don't know what that is until the "higher power" shows us. That was why we had all the flashbacks in the movie.

You're right about his movies being crap though. The movie "The Village" was even worse imho.

There he was trying to show that Utopia is  something that can never exist in a real world and that by refusing to deal with problems by ignoring them is worse than selfish, it's self destructing.(Despite being super rich, they let the girl stay blind although she could have been cured. And of course the crazy kid who tries to kill Joaquin Phoenix, could have been helped if they lived in the society they were trying to escape)

dont forget they couldnt open doors, no opposable thumbs...

I forgot about that part, where the alien gets locked in a room and Mel chops off his fingers. You'd think that they would have given the aliens a radio or ray gun to defend themselves with??

To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Facebook Comments