November 23, 2017, 04:20:49 AM

Author Topic: John Andrews squirrel special!  (Read 3024 times)

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: John Andrews squirrel special!
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2011, 10:32:43 AM »
I should add, that small knife I made for BC has real Osage burl, rare as hen's teeth. I didn't get more than a couple of pounds or so of actual burl out of that shipment of probably 75 or so pounds of wood.  :sad:
I usually cut my own wood but saw an ad for some burl for sale on another site. I search for Osage burls on my hunting and scouting outings, but to no avail. What appears to be burl on the Osage trees is usually just nice grained wood.  ???
99.99% of Osage is pretty boring when it comes to character and contrast. Only the gnarly crooked stuff has any character in the grain. One interesting fact, knots in Osage wood don't let loose like they do in pine and other woods. They stay tight, no cracks or separation. 

O0 O0 O0 Hey, nice shot on the squirrel, Tech!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2011, 03:17:30 PM »
Still waitin on ya to take a leaf spring outta yer toy to make me a new pig sticker  O0
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2011, 07:26:59 AM »
Still waitin on ya to take a leaf spring outta yer toy to make me a new pig sticker  O0
  ;D ;D ;D Ain't gonna come out of my Toyota, but I do have a bunch of cut pieces in my shop, sections ready to forge of old leafspring that's 3/8" thick.  :twisted:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2011, 07:15:54 PM »
  ;D ;D ;D Ain't gonna come out of my Toyota, but I do have a bunch of cut pieces in my shop, sections ready to forge of old leafspring that's 3/8" thick.  :twisted:
Well what are ya waitin for ??? me to show up with a pissed off hog with a broken knife in him. Ill just leave him in yer shop till ya get the knife done then ill send the dogs in and ya can test the new knife  :twisted:
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2011, 07:00:23 AM »
Well what are ya waitin for ??? me to show up with a pissed off hog with a broken knife in him. Ill just leave him in yer shop till ya get the knife done then ill send the dogs in and ya can test the new knife  :twisted:
  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Might be kind of busy for a while, huh? And when I finish with that hog, you will round up another one for me?

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2011, 02:14:44 PM »
I'm kinda gettin' the itch and shakes for a new Andrews knife.  :crazy2 :crazy2  Don't guess I'm ever going to get the gut hook he said he was making.....  :roll:

;D ;D  Gotta try to think up another design and shape for one.  :wink:
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2011, 06:36:45 PM »
why wait till yer done  ??? i got more then a few dogs that can get the job done. Ill leave a couple there and when yer ready for testin just open the door and tell them to getem. Theyll do the rest and ill be back in a bit with the next one  :wink: :wink:

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2011, 09:44:49 AM »
why wait till yer done  ??? i got more then a few dogs that can get the job done. Ill leave a couple there and when yer ready for testin just open the door and tell them to getem. Theyll do the rest and ill be back in a bit with the next one  :wink: :wink:
  :shock: :shock: ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I'm kinda gettin' the itch and shakes for a new Andrews knife.  :crazy2 :crazy2  Don't guess I'm ever going to get the gut hook he said he was making.....  :roll:

;D ;D  Gotta try to think up another design and shape for one.  :wink:
  :roll:  :'( It's been to dang cold to be in that shop!  10/4 on another design knife!  O0 :)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2011, 03:24:56 PM »
Still looking forward to the gut hook.  The osage & shrapnel in the handle sounds cool.  O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2011, 04:22:48 PM »
ya know onestone if ya had that forge runnin it would take the chill outta the air

Facebook Comments