December 18, 2017, 09:51:35 AM

Author Topic: The deer thing  (Read 532 times)

Offline D45/70

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
The deer thing
« on: November 05, 2010, 11:00:52 AM »
 :idiot2 The deer thing is very slow this year, there is not a lot of them running around. We have been out several time and only coming up with some forky horns and does. The white tail look a little better but we have not worked on them yet still looking for that BIG muley. I carried my 870 all over He!! Wednesday and never had a chance to try out my new slugs at least it is a bit lighter than the Marlin and only holds 4 less shells.The clock is running down only about 24 more days. The swans are in now big time and the temps is threatening to freeze every thing up so Some time very soon I need to get out and see if I can fill the swan tag too. The northern flights of geese and ducks are just starting to arrive, and the pheasants are running a round un-checked , but I'm out dinking around with the, the, DEER THING!!???  :uglystupid2
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline 2Nutz

Re: The deer thing
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 02:53:21 PM »
Man they are runnen them doe's hard in Okla. already.  :shock: Hope they still have a lil left for when I get down there to hunt! ???
Still killen and grillen!!!

BBF

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 04:42:58 PM »
We got a big blow from the Gulf. It is 20 degrees Centigrade today and lots of rain until Tuesday. Nothing is moving, and neither am I. :D

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 05:00:28 PM »
We got a big blow from the Gulf. It is 20 degrees Centigrade today and lots of rain until Tuesday. Nothing is moving, and neither am I. :D

20 Centigrade is 68o F.  ???  You're staying in when it's 68?  You're even more of a panzy than I thought.  :roll:  We've had highs in the 40's here lately with lows in the upper 20's (Fahrenheit that is).
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2010, 07:07:50 AM »
It's 25 F here right now and we are going to have a high of about 55 F.  :roll:
The entire world is getting shelved while I go snipe some squirrels this morning.  :twisted: I'll get home, clean the squirrels, and work in the shop. The sun should have the shop heated up by then. Nice, huh?  :)
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments