November 20, 2017, 08:41:25 AM

Author Topic: Michigans Upper Penninsula Trout  (Read 471 times)

Offline steeliebob

Michigans Upper Penninsula Trout
« on: November 05, 2010, 02:15:43 PM »
Well it was 31 degrees out at 5:00 this am with a 10 mph NE wind and snow flakes in the air. I would say that is the signal for steelhead fishing. So I grabbed my gear and headed out to a nearby river. I was all set up by 6:00 am waiting for the sun to break out a little bit. It did not take long before I was doing battle with a nice fat 18 incher. As soon as I reset that pole it went off again and I was fighting one that was 10 plus pounds. He managed to find a submerged log and break off. I reset ths pole again. Just enough time to get my hands warm and a pole bounced but the fish dropped the hook. Only for a minute though and he was back on this time for keeps. I no sooner get him on the bank ( 6 pounds) and another steelhead hits on the other rod another 6 pounder. As soon as I get off work here I will start on the gutpile. The crows will eat well in the am.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Michigans Upper Penninsula Trout
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 07:23:32 AM »
  O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 Awesome, steelie!
I've fished in lower part of Michigan, but not for trout.  :'(
You using something like an egg sack, or what, for bait?
I used to know some fellas from here that went to your area every year and usually had pretty good luck.
I have a pal that owns some land and hunting camp not far from where you fish. He invites me there to fish and hunt. I should take him up on it! I am his deer hunting guide when he bow hunts here every 3 years.  :)
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments