October 24, 2017, 07:31:00 AM

Author Topic: Drum Roll !!  (Read 1769 times)

BBF

Drum Roll !!
« on: November 11, 2010, 01:49:01 PM »
 ALLRIGHT !!
Last night, about 1.5 minutes before darkness I am happy to tell you that a Doe walked up to some apples and carrots( legal here) that I had placed in front of a really neat ground blind. The Doe is now hanging up at my neighbors barn.  :)

Meat for the freezer. We have one more tag to fill. Nova Scotia is a one (1) deer bag limit per person Province. The wife got a Doe tag as well and we have a bit more time to hunt before our migration South.

Some of you guys might remember that because of our travel I had to give away my hunting dog, She is 1/2 beagle and not sure about the rest. Anyway that hound has a nose and loves to hunt.
So last night, after I shot the Doe it got dark quickly, I tried to find her and managed to fall with a loaded rifle in hand. No Bang, the rifle is ok but I did bruise up a couple of ribs. So I had the wife call the guy that has the dog and asked if we could borrow her just to find the deer.

He declined because a month or so ago they had Hannah tied up at some place, and left her alone, she takes offense to sort that of thing, she pullled out the stake they had her chained up to. End result, she killed 13 chickens and was happy with her work.
Anyway back to that Dude. He declined, saying he wants to get all of the hunting instict out of the Dog. I was ticked !!  :idiot2

So this moron thinks he can take  hunting out of a dog that comes from a hunting breed. :uglystupid2 :knuppel2

As it turned out, my neighbor and son hopped on their Quad ( I don't have one) and found the deer before I and wife got back with more flashlights.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 06:55:25 PM by BBF »

Offline bohicajuan

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Re: Drum Roll !!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 03:44:15 PM »
Alright! Way to go!! O0 O0 O0 O0

Don't think your buddy will have much luck breaking Hannah. Have him call plott, and plott will buy the dog and put it to good use!

BUT....

We still must admonish you for your behavior though.....

Everyone here can track at night, because we all know Juan and belong to the "Long Island Night Backyard Spotlight and Tracker's Society!!" of which Juan is the president and great leader!!

If you had gone to Juan's night tracking school; not only would you have found your doe in no time, and not fallen and hurt your ribs, but you would have only needed one of Juan's super flashlight's that is 5,000 times more pwerful than the sun.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
 :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 06:35:37 PM »
but he just wanted to find it not find it and coook it whole all at once!!  sorry to hear of the fall and of the asshat that has your dog, trying to remove the hunt from em is goona bring nothing but hassle, and the dog may even revert to well as you said it took to killing chickens....
when in doubt shoot twice

BBF

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 06:59:31 PM »
I kind of left out on purpose because this was getting t o be a long post, the fact that those chickens belonged to my Outllaws( wife's sister etc) :twisted: which I don't associate with. :buck2

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 08:42:36 AM »
I kind of left out on purpose because this was getting t o be a long post, the fact that those chickens belonged to my Outllaws( wife's sister etc) :twisted: which I don't associate with. :buck2
so you are letting the poor pup be punished for what you taught her to do?? you meanie!!
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 08:45:36 AM »
  O0 O0 O0 O0 Nice going except for the tumble and sore ribs, BBF!
Too bad about the dog, though. At least it was outlaws' chickens she killed.  :twisted:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

BBF

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2010, 09:32:47 AM »
That hound will get her share whatever the new owner does. She is resourceful. :wink:
The ribs(mine) are getting better, the rain has stopped for several days in the forecast as well. Somebody shot at something this morning close by, the wife heard it, I was in nah nah land and didn't hear anything :)

Bigger and brighter flaslights will be purchased once we are south of the Border.

BTW anybody coming north across the border, be aware that according to my bank you are only going to get 97 cents Canadian money for a US Dollar. My my what a change. :D
 Gasoline is still $4.10 per US gal here. :idiot2

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2010, 09:17:13 PM »

BTW anybody coming north across the border, be aware that according to my bank you are only going to get 97 cents Canadian money for a US Dollar. My my what a change. :D
 Gasoline is still $4.10 per US gal here. :idiot2

Hey with Obama in the house, it won't be long before the dollar will be only good for toilet paper!! :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2010, 08:30:23 AM »
Hey with Obama in the house, it won't be long before the dollar will be only good for toilet paper!! :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff
Yeah on that!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2010, 11:20:00 AM »
Congrats on the freezer meat BBF!  O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Facebook Comments