November 23, 2017, 06:02:36 AM

Author Topic: To Ten Years and Beyond!  (Read 1635 times)

Offline wheelz

• Applied for my club membership...
    • Follow Me Outdoors
To Ten Years and Beyond!
« on: November 12, 2010, 06:21:29 PM »
How fast a whole year can race by surprises me sometimes when I realize itís gone, which happened to me the last week in September when our annual teal hunt was only a few days away.

I didnít think decades could go by that quickly though.  To think it was way back in 2000 already we were putting on our first group together of guys that wanted help getting back in the field.  That year, about eight guys came from all over Texas; some came with their wives and sons, some were coming for the first hunt in twenty years, and one young man was a newbie fresh out of rehab.

In 2010, we had nearly twenty disabled hunters show up, including three wounded soldiers, and weíve grown from one donated pond to more than ten.  At our roast duck dinner on Friday before the hunt, no less than 50 people were there to make sure our tenth year was the best event yet.

Since a good friend of mine (Jen Armstrong http://www.jenarmstrongphotography.net/) who is an aspiring photog offered to document our event for us, I thought Iíd let her work tell our storyÖ

"All the greatest accomplishments, at first, seemed impossible."

Offline wheelz

• Applied for my club membership...
    • Follow Me Outdoors
Re: To Ten Years and Beyond!
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 06:22:44 PM »
Jenny is a wedding & portrait photographer, but i'm trying to turn her into an outdoor photog.  if you like her work, please let her know.  thx!
"All the greatest accomplishments, at first, seemed impossible."

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 08:41:38 AM »
  O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 That had to be an outstanding outing, wheelz!
And the same for Jen's photography, just great!
And you folks even nailed some teal.  :)
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Morax

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 10:46:19 AM »
wow is all i can say!! congrats on the ten years and here is to another 10 plus!! well done there wheelz. the two pictures the one of the dog sitting and waiting (pic 3) and then afterwards (pic 8) tells the whole story right there!!!

to both of you job well done and next year we want to see more from both of you!
when in doubt shoot twice

BBF

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 06:14:21 PM »
It breaks my blood pump to see these guys :sad:

Facebook Comments