December 15, 2017, 09:12:29 AM

Author Topic: Hunted every day last week and guess what???????  (Read 813 times)

Offline BigStrutter

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Happiness is a 50 cal.
Hunted every day last week and guess what???????
« on: November 15, 2010, 02:20:57 PM »
Had a freaking unbelievable week!!!! I killed 4 deer, and my friend Mitch, killed 3, his first deer and first buck ever. Here is a brief overview of the week for you guys.

Monday morning = no sightings

Monday evening = I saw 9 and put a big 8 on the ground. he came into the fiedl chasing three does like it was his job. Mitch saw nothing.

Tuesday I let a cow horn walk in the morning and no one saw anything else the rest of the day.

Wednesday morning = nothing

Wednesday evening = Mitch and I climbed the same tree with climbers since there was so much sign at this field. at 5:15 2 does came into the field. We counted to 3 and fired. Mitch's deer was DRT and I missed!!!

Thursday morning = didn't hunt due to attending a funeral.

Thursday evening = Mitch saw nothing. I shot at a doe and thought I made a pretty good hit so I walked out to get the truck. When I got to the truck I saw 2 deer feeding in a bean field beside the truck. I noticed one was a nice buck, dropped to one knee and made the 100 yard shot. Another 8 point down!

Friday morning = I returned to look for my doe, never found any sign of being hit and dad found a big dug up spot where he thinks my bullet hit under her. So I guess I missed again! Mitch saw nothing this morning.

Friday evening = Mitch killed his first buck, a unicorn spike.

I on the other hand, I fulfilled a life long dream and killed a freaking ALBINO!!!!!!!!!!!! The guys on the next farm over starting shooting at about 5:10 and after many shots I saw this white thing come running out of the woods that separate the  2 farms. I then noticed what it was as it ran right at me. At about 30 yards he turned to go back across the field, he didn't make it!!

Saturday morning Mitch killed his 3rd, a button head and Saturday evening I killed a doe to wind up our amazing week.

I sure hope the deer keep moving like this when I take MissStrutter back for Thanksgiving. I still cannot believe the week we had and I don't think I will ever be able to top it.

Ned

Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
Re: Hunted every day last week and guess what???????
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 02:32:12 PM »
Congrats Ned!  Better get your your check book and have that albino mounted in a full body mount.  O0  You'll never do it again.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Ks_Sniper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 03:43:22 PM »
:shock: Holy cow! 2 eights, an albino, AND the one plott shot at. :evil:

Congrats Ned. Truly a successful week. O0
When I was a child, I lived as a child. When I became a man, I put away my childish things and became a Gutpiler!

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.com ! http://www.camouflagenation.com http://www.thehuntingfiles.com  http://wildchildhuntingwear.com  http://www.isquirrelhunt.com http://www.iwhitetailhunt.com http://www.icoonhunt.com

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 03:46:08 PM »
I see you FINALLY read my book on deer hunting! :twisted: :roll: :wink: O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 06:35:06 PM »
I guess the one I shot really had the afterburners on to run that far  ;D
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 09:22:05 PM »
I bet Lady T will give you a good price on those mounts! :wink: O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline BigStrutter

• Happiness is a 50 cal.
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2010, 09:57:37 PM »
I plan on doing both euro mounts. My son wants the first 8 (his deer) in his room and MissStrutter wants the second in hers. I think I am gonna try the water cleaning method for the skulls instead of boiling them like most do.

Hey BC, this would be the year there is no deer contest. So I can't win back my title. :tickedoff

Bo, don't worry I will right this as a new chapter in your book for killing deer, btu I will let you claim it so you can get credit for it. ;D

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2010, 08:53:48 AM »
Hey BC, this would be the year there is no deer contest. So I can't win back my title. :tickedoff

No one likes a show off.  :roll: :knuppel2 :knuppel2

;D ;D ;D ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2010, 09:48:44 AM »
No one likes a show off.  :roll: :knuppel2 :knuppel2

;D ;D ;D ;D
  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
 :shock: O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 You done good, Ned! And an albino!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Duneman101

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2010, 10:38:19 AM »
thats awesome stuff right there!  nice shootin! 
Only dead fish swim with the current!

Facebook Comments