November 24, 2017, 07:42:14 AM

Author Topic: Carrying Pistol  (Read 1733 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Carrying Pistol
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2010, 10:19:03 AM »
I have both nylon and leather carrying gear. For me, leather gear is much more comfortable when you carry for extended periods.
Our gear we carry on duty, compliments of the US Army, is nylon and is not very comfortable but is a lighter carry weight than leather gear.

Two of the most comfortable and dependable CCW rigs I owned were  Bianchi shoulder holster rigs. I do have a couple of custom made leather CCW rigs that are very comfortable.

Speaking of CCW, Iowa passed a great CCW law that is very liberal.  O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2010, 08:19:09 AM »
Speaking of CCW, Iowa passed a great CCW law that is very liberal.  O0

http://www.gutpilestyle.com/ForumSMF/gun-news/new-iowa-right-to-carry-law-aimed-at-reducing-inconsistency/
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2010, 09:22:48 AM »
I dropped by our local county sheriff's office the other day to renew my CCW for off duty carry. Our local sheriff is for sure a professional politician. I had a very undesirable experience with him while we were both on duty.
During election time, he refuses to issue well deserved violation tickets because of potential votes. I saw it happen while we were on duty and at the scene of a highway train crossing accident.

He is one of the sheriffs that is trying to defeat the new regulations and does everything to not conform. The new CCW regulations were passed because of examples like him. Hopefully, his attitude in office should defeat his next bid for election. He was just plain nasty to the applicants that entered his office to apply for and renew CCW permits while I was there.  :tickedoff
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments