October 22, 2017, 04:50:55 PM

Author Topic: Guess my brother got one this morning  (Read 1152 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Guess my brother got one this morning
« on: November 18, 2010, 12:52:44 PM »
Don't know if he shot it, uglied it to death, or found it as road kill and drug it up into the woods for pictures or what.  All he's sent me is the one picture of it.

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Duneman101

• Gut Pile Guide
Re: Guess my brother got one this morning
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 03:07:20 PM »
thats a good rack there! 
Only dead fish swim with the current!

BBF

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 04:02:04 PM »
 :twisted: Now the pressure is on!!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 04:09:45 PM »
Showed the picture to my boss this morning.  He asked, "Why didn't you get one like that?"  :roll: >:(  I told him, "My brother's boss is more understanding and gives him plenty of time off to hunt, unlike my boss!"  :tickedoff

;D ;D

In all fairness though, it's been a couple of years since he's been able to come in and hunt.  When he does get to come in though, he usually has about 3-4 weeks off and hunts every day until he gets one, and it's usually a pretty good one.

With the rut being on around here, it's hard to tell where that deer came from though.  I don't have any pictures of him.  The big one that I had the pictures of has longer brow tines and had a sticker off his G2 on the right side.

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 04:12:50 PM »
Saweeet! O0 tell him congrats and yeah you got alot of catching up to do for sure!!! ;D
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2010, 06:36:43 PM »
Looks like your brother read my book too! :twisted: :roll: :wink:
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2010, 08:51:22 PM »
Looks like your brother read my book too! :twisted: :roll: :wink:
Ya know I read bojuans book and i want a damn refund  I followed every instruction in it and did I get a deer?? NO all I got is snookie callin me every day  Pink pregnant and this weird rash  :tickedoff :tickedoff
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2010, 10:49:45 PM »
Well, I should have known better.........  :roll:  He didn't shoot it.  Go figure!  Someone else got it down there in the county.  The deer wasn't even taken anywhere close to where we live (about 15 miles away as the crow flies).  My uncle had gotten a picture of it somehow and then he sent it to my brother.  :tickedoff

He did shoot a doe this morning though.  Had the big doe and 5 little ones come in and popped the doe.  Said that the little ones kept hanging around aggrivating the crap out of him the rest of the morning.  ;D  Been there..... Done that!  ;D

Here's a couple of pictures he sent me of the little ones.

BTW, he never did fess up to it.  :roll:  I called momma tonight about something else and she said that he had gotten a doe.  "OK, well where'd the picture of the big buck come from?"  "Joe sent it to Luke.  That was one killed up on Rush Branch a day or so ago."  :roll:

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2010, 09:40:43 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D The truth came out!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2010, 03:37:53 PM »
Ya know I read bojuans book and i want a damn refund  I followed every instruction in it and did I get a deer?? NO all I got is snookie callin me every day  Pink pregnant and this weird rash  :tickedoff :tickedoff

That's my OTHER book!! "How to Get Skank's, Ho's and Clap All in One Week"

Nutz and nOn enjoyed it!

GP gave a copy to Ingrid Newkirk as a present! :twisted: :roll: :wink:
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Facebook Comments