October 18, 2017, 05:04:36 AM

Author Topic: December bear hunt set for northwest N.J.  (Read 978 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
December bear hunt set for northwest N.J.
« on: November 23, 2010, 03:46:47 PM »
December bear hunt set for northwest N.J.

For the first time in five years, a December bear hunt is scheduled for northwestern New Jersey. From Dec. 6 to 12, hunters will be able to take down black bears of either gender and any age in four zones north of I-78 and west of I-287.

Read About It: The Associated Press

Posted: 11/23/2010 9:28:27 AM

Note: Many news sites archive stories after a short period of time. If the link above is expired please contact the site for information about accessing this story. 

Copyright 2010, National Rifle Association of America, Institute for Legislative Action.  This may be reproduced. It may not be reproduced for commercial purposes.  11250 Waples Mill Road, Fairfax, VA 22030    800-392-8683

Courtesy of the NRA-ILA
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: December bear hunt set for northwest N.J.
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 09:29:14 AM »
  O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 Good deal!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 03:58:01 PM »
I have only one question?

Will Snookie be there?
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 12:03:42 PM »
Cudos to DEP Commissioner Bob Martin for standing his ground and not caving to this lunatics!  O0

NJ rejects group's request to cancel bear hunt

The state Department of Environmental Protection on Monday rejected a request to stay the bear hunt scheduled for Dec. 6 12 in northwest New Jersey.The request was made in writing last week by the Animal Protection League of New Jersey and the Bear Education and Resource Group. "The facts are clear," DEP Commissioner Bob Martin said in a statement, "we have an overpopulation of black bears in New Jersey, and we must address that issue. A regulated black bear hunt is one important and necessary tool to deal with the growing number of bears..."

Read About It: The Daily Record (Parsippany, N.J.)

Posted: 11/29/2010 10:00:08 AM

Note: Many news sites archive stories after a short period of time. If the link above is expired please contact the site for information about accessing this story. 

Copyright 2010, National Rifle Association of America, Institute for Legislative Action.  This may be reproduced. It may not be reproduced for commercial purposes.  11250 Waples Mill Road, Fairfax, VA 22030    800-392-8683

Courtesy of the NRA-ILA

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 08:59:05 AM »
  O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 Right on for NJ DEP!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, 01:18:54 PM »
And of course, you knew this was coming......  :roll:

Animal rights extremists sue to stop NJ bear hunt

Animal rights activists who sued New Jersey on behalf of black bears in 2007 are going back to court to try to stop a scheduled bear hunt from starting Monday.

Read About It: The Associated Press

Posted: 12/1/2010 9:57:15 AM

Courtesy of the NRA-ILA

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2010, 09:05:10 AM »
And of course, you knew this was coming......  :roll:

Animal rights extremists sue to stop NJ bear hunt

Animal rights activists who sued New Jersey on behalf of black bears in 2007 are going back to court to try to stop a scheduled bear hunt from starting Monday.
lol so nonsensical.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2010, 11:14:54 AM »
New Jersey: Bear hunt helped balance population, available habitat

According to opinion polls, the majority of New Jerseyans were in favor of the recent black bear culling that ended last Saturday. Even New Jersey's highest court supported the hunt by ruling that it is "a safe, legal and responsible use of wildlife resources, as well as a legitimate and effective means to control overabundant game species in a cost effective manner." Also, candidate Chris Christie was voted into office with his unambiguous support of a bear culling.

Read About It: The Times (Trenton, N.J.)

Posted: 12/20/2010 9:46:01 AM

Courtesy of the NRA-ILA

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2010, 08:20:29 PM »
Juandog was last seen in NJ supposedly bear hunting, but was onlytwo blocks from Snookies house! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :roll: :wink:
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Facebook Comments