November 18, 2017, 10:32:38 AM

Author Topic: Trapping  (Read 4051 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Trapping
« on: November 24, 2010, 02:08:09 PM »
Work is pretty boring today, but I've got to be in here in case a supplier has an issue.  To help pass the time, I started going to some places on the web that I normally don't have time to.

Here's a few pictures of the critters that fellers have caught here in KY.  O0  Makes me want to start back up again.  :-\

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Re: Trapping
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 03:56:46 PM »
MAN!! Coyote's must be everywhere! I can't believe how they've just exploded all over the place! >:( :tickedoff

To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 04:17:27 PM »
MAN!! Coyote's must be everywhere! I can't believe how they've just exploded all over the place! >:( :tickedoff

Find a differnt bar to go beaver trappin at
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline Ks_Sniper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 05:29:59 PM »
Wow. Those are some truly beautiful animals. My only problem would be the cost of furs these days. Prices are still in the toilets, right? ???

Now, if I knew how to make blankets from the pelts, I may reconsider. O0
When I was a child, I lived as a child. When I became a man, I put away my childish things and became a Gutpiler!

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.com ! http://www.camouflagenation.com http://www.thehuntingfiles.com  http://wildchildhuntingwear.com  http://www.isquirrelhunt.com http://www.iwhitetailhunt.com http://www.icoonhunt.com

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 08:39:28 AM »
No they aint still in the toilet   I wouldnt quit my job but at least these mangy ol hounds will get feed for one more year
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2010, 09:48:41 AM »
 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 Looks like Kentucky is having a pretty good trapping year.
A local trapper I checked told me he's not doing as good as expected this year with coon here in SE Iowa.
Plott, I know you are puting up a good amount of coon.  O0 So, dogs gonna eat for another year, huh?  O0 O0 O0 
Deer are still rutting here but it's about done. I watched a big 10 pointer on the road right by my patrol vehicle last night.

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2010, 03:24:38 PM »

I'm trying, I'm trying....Slim pickings this year! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2010, 05:15:31 PM »
Did you see the size of those beaver!!!! :shock: :wink: Surely not any of Bo's! :roll:
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2010, 06:00:42 PM »

Man, we've got freaking coyotes everywhere up here.  >:(  Just about every morning when I'm leaving for work, you can hear the freaking things 'yipping'.  There's been a few times they've woke me up at night, being right outside the house. >:(
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2010, 09:34:08 PM »
I watched a big 10 pointer on the road right by my patrol vehicle last night.

Let me transalate that for yall. " I almost hit a big buck but didnt get on the gas quick enuf and he made it across the road "

Facebook Comments