November 20, 2017, 08:44:51 AM

Author Topic: Trapping  (Read 4055 times)

Offline Duneman101

• Gut Pile Guide
Re: Trapping
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2010, 06:11:46 PM »
Let me transalate that for yall. " I almost hit a big buck but didnt get on the gas quick enuf and he made it across the road "

Crap i just spit Dr. Pepper on my computer...  thats funny!

I ain't got a soft spot for critters or anything, but i sure do hate foot traps...  nothing more depressing that finding some poor old yote that is laying there with a busted up leg and won't even snarl at ya because he's accepted his impending doom.  he just kind looks ya square in the face and says "Giter done already!" 

also hate walkin up on a fresh trapped skunker that has spray all over the place, wether you touch that s*it or not, your going home smelling like it.
Only dead fish swim with the current!

Offline bohicajuan

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2010, 10:09:32 PM »
Man, we've got freaking coyotes everywhere up here.  >:(  Just about every morning when I'm leaving for work, you can hear the freaking things 'yipping'.  There's been a few times they've woke me up at night, being right outside the house. >:(

Within the past few months, they've had to get them out of the airport and in some of the affluent areas north of town, folks expensive dogs and cats are winding up dead. DNR says they're in all 159 counties in the state.
 :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline nOnAmE

• GP's New Project.... ; )
  • TurkeyNutz' Stunt Double
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2010, 05:16:48 AM »
Is trapping something that anyone can get a license for?
Or are there special circumstances surrounding it?

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2010, 10:25:53 AM »
Is trapping something that anyone can get a license for?
Or are there special circumstances surrounding it?

Yes and no.  Some states require you to go through a Trapper Education class before you can get the license.  Other places, no.  Either way, the classes are a good thing to go through because you learn quite a bit in them.  O0  It makes the learning curve a heck of a lot easier.  O0

I've trapped quite a few coons and muskrats in the past, but didn't know that much about canid trapping (fox & coyotes).  We've had the KY Furtaker's Association do some Trapper Ed. classes at our Hunter Education workshops a couple of times.  I learned quite a bit about trapping & snaring the canids & bobcats by watching them fellers.

The guys doing the class also put on a pretty good argument as far as "why" do it.  They said a lot of folks tell them that they would do it if the fur prices were higher.  Their response is that you never get paid back when deer, rabbit, or squirrel hunting, or recoop the cost of a new bass boat through fishing, so why should you expect to recoop the cost from trapping.  ???

I'm sure Plott & Tech can tell you that they'll never recoop all of the money from their dogs & equipment from coon hides.  :roll:  It's just something that they enjoy doing.  O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2010, 11:27:34 AM »
  O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 right on the money there, BC!

I no longer trap but some of my pals still trap. It's a lot tougher now with all the regs. One of my pals recently got fined over $90 because a bogus complaint called in by a jerk. And it was because of a skunk in his trap that wasn't in the trap very long.  :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff :tickedoff
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2010, 05:02:37 PM »
Coyote's are not native to this state and that means they're unprotected and considered an invasive species and can be killed year round.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Ks_Sniper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2010, 12:24:08 AM »
Same here in UT. No seasons & no license required. O0
When I was a child, I lived as a child. When I became a man, I put away my childish things and became a Gutpiler!

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.com ! http://www.camouflagenation.com http://www.thehuntingfiles.com  http://wildchildhuntingwear.com  http://www.isquirrelhunt.com http://www.iwhitetailhunt.com http://www.icoonhunt.com

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2010, 03:21:50 AM »
Bc sure hit that one on the head! In 3 short years I have spent 840$ on a light, tracking collar and muck waders. Throw in gas, dog feed, vet bills, supplies to house the dog, ammo, phone calls and internet time talking training, magazine subs and countless hours training 1 dog...... coonhuntint makes me no money. I love to enjoy the out of doors. I wish more guys would coyote trap around here. Duneman I am sorry to say I have no love for a coyote. I love a coyote in a foothold.... that means one more dead coyote!! I do how ever dislike snares. I don't want to loose a coondog to the dad blamed thing  :knuppel2

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2010, 04:27:30 PM »
One year i kept track on how much i spent on runnin dogs. after the first 6 months i quit cause it aint a business and it was makin me wanna get rid of them 
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2010, 06:41:18 AM »
One year i kept track on how much i spent on runnin dogs. after the first 6 months i quit cause it aint a business and it was makin me wanna get rid of them 
Good way of thinking of it, Juandogg!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments