November 18, 2017, 05:20:56 AM

Author Topic: Trapping  (Read 4049 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Trapping
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2010, 08:47:26 AM »
Like'm or hate'm, foot hold traps are a necessary part of wildlife management.  The foot hold traps of today are quite a bit more humane than the traps of the past.  The majority have padded jaws and are off-set or have a cut-away area in the center to allow for some slack.  Biologists routinely use foot hold traps to catch different critters to do studies on.  The animal can be held in a trap, radio collared or whatever needs to be done to them, and then released unharmed.

Granted, the "image" of a critter that's been caught in one isn't the best in the world, but they are necessary.

As hunters, everyone should realize that they have their uses, and should support their use by those who choose to engage in the activity.  The animal rights activists are nut-cases that no one really listens to anymore.  It's when other hunters start bashing a certain activity that we've got problems.  You may not like it, but don't talk bad about just because you don't do it or understand it.  O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Duneman101

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2010, 12:36:18 PM »
As hunters, everyone should realize that they have their uses, and should support their use by those who choose to engage in the activity.  The animal rights activists are nut-cases that no one really listens to anymore.  It's when other hunters start bashing a certain activity that we've got problems.  You may not like it, but don't talk bad about just because you don't do it or understand it.  O0

Oh no!  you got me wrong, i know they have a place and they do a good job of getting the job done, i trapped all of my young teen life from about 12-18, i spent all my days trappin and i had a truck load of foot hold traps, snares, cages, stuck-it's and got plenty of animals in them...  Just a personal opinion of mine, i wasn't downin anyhthing or anyone that uses them, heck i still have probably 45 or the little buggers out in my shed right now.
Only dead fish swim with the current!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2010, 02:02:15 PM »
No problem man.  O0  Just wanting to make sure that we're all on the same page on stuff.  :wink:

All too often on some other boards I go to, I hear people downing gun hunters, crossbows, coon hunters, etc.  People like this do more damage to the sport than any anti-hunter ever will.  >:(

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline Ks_Sniper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2010, 02:22:46 PM »
No problem man.  O0  Just wanting to make sure that we're all on the same page on stuff.  :wink:

All too often on some other boards I go to, I hear people downing gun hunters, crossbows, coon hunters, etc.  People like this do more damage to the sport than any anti-hunter ever will.  >:(

Ya know who I have a problem with? It's those dad-blasted Kentucky hunters. Most unethical bunch I've ever seen... ;) :evil:

Just messin, BC & KentuckyGal. O0
When I was a child, I lived as a child. When I became a man, I put away my childish things and became a Gutpiler!

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.com ! http://www.camouflagenation.com http://www.thehuntingfiles.com  http://wildchildhuntingwear.com  http://www.isquirrelhunt.com http://www.iwhitetailhunt.com http://www.icoonhunt.com

Offline Duneman101

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2010, 03:06:06 PM »

Oh yeah i know what you mean completly, My original post had nothing to do with any kind of inhumane treatment, more just the humanity i have placed on it. 

Half of my family is Archery elitists and the other half is gun elitists....  kinda hard getting them around each other, it does a lot more bad for the sport than good, i thought my step dad was gonna disown me for steppin into the woods with a bow, but my uncle was so excited about my intrest he gave me a free bow...  no i got people on both sides pissed at me.  i am half way in between! 

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2010, 03:27:44 PM »
Better to be pissed off than pissed on.  O0
Know what you should do?  :twisted:

Take up the crossbow!  That'll confuse the hell out of'em!  ;D ;D ;D

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline Duneman101

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2010, 03:37:19 PM »
Take up the crossbow!  That'll confuse the hell out of'em!  ;D ;D ;D

Utah is anti-Crossbow for some reason, i believe the only legal hunting with a crossbow can only be done by people that qualify for a disabled hunter permit...  It would make a great dynamic at the family christmas party if i told em all i was slingin a crossbow.

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2010, 07:38:36 AM »
Utah is anti-Crossbow for some reason, i believe the only legal hunting with a crossbow can only be done by people that qualify for a disabled hunter permit...  It would make a great dynamic at the family christmas party if i told em all i was slingin a crossbow.
  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Sure would!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments