November 23, 2017, 10:55:19 PM

Author Topic: Ice  (Read 1358 times)

Offline steeliebob

Ice
« on: December 02, 2010, 12:13:45 PM »
Checking out the weather report. Looks like mabey one more week on the open water with long poles. I will be getting the gear ready for ice fishing because in about two weeks I will be standing on the hard water.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Ice
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 12:48:49 PM »
More power to ya'. 
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 10:15:56 PM »
More power to ya'. 

Ditto!
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Ks_Sniper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 10:17:02 PM »
I went ice fishing once. It was the most fun I've ever had while nearly freezing to death. :evil: ;D
When I was a child, I lived as a child. When I became a man, I put away my childish things and became a Gutpiler!

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.com ! http://www.camouflagenation.com http://www.thehuntingfiles.com  http://wildchildhuntingwear.com  http://www.isquirrelhunt.com http://www.iwhitetailhunt.com http://www.icoonhunt.com

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 10:33:45 PM »
I went ice fishing once too. I caught 4 pounds of ice! :uglystupid2 :uglystupid2 :uglystupid2
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2010, 12:47:36 AM »
Bo forgot his bucket to set on and you seen Joe Dirt! Bo and the hound had something in common that day! :roll: :-P ;D ;D ;D
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2010, 11:40:20 AM »
I went ice fishing once too. I caught 4 pounds of ice! :uglystupid2 :uglystupid2 :uglystupid2
I went twice and all I caught was cold feet and heard the BSers on the ice telling me how good the fishing was the day before.  :idiot2 :crazy2 :uglystupid2 :tickedoff
If a fella was in a nice warm shanty, it would be great fun to fish for big fish. About all they catch here through the ice are panfish, not my cup of tea.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Duneman101

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2010, 01:32:05 PM »
I went twice and all I caught was cold feet and heard the BSers on the ice telling me how good the fishing was the day before.  :idiot2 :crazy2 :uglystupid2 :tickedoff
If a fella was in a nice warm shanty, it would be great fun to fish for big fish. About all they catch here through the ice are panfish, not my cup of tea.

Funny to hear John say that something isn't his cup or tea???  I thought he ate anything with legs/fins/feathers ;)

I love ice fishin i have the bug bad, almost bad enough that i went fishin instead of duck hunting on sunday, but the i ended up duck hunting.
Only dead fish swim with the current!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2010, 07:49:09 AM »

Funny to hear John say that something isn't his cup or tea???  I thought he ate anything with legs/fins/feathers ;)

I love ice fishin i have the bug bad, almost bad enough that i went fishin instead of duck hunting on sunday, but the i ended up duck hunting.
  :roll: ;D Well, I do eat about everything, but got burned out on tiny panfish when I was a kid. My dad made us keep even the smallest panfush and we cleaned them and ate them. They were not filleted, so we choked on enough tiny bluegill bones to fill a boxcar.  :buck2  Panfish are great but I  catch and use panfish for catfish bait instead of eating panfish.

Most of our meals consisted of what we hunted and gathered when I was a kid. Fried small and tiny boney bluegills on the table meant eating them or going hungry. I could sure tear into some good carp or catfish steaks right now!   :)

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2010, 04:55:54 PM »
Stupid things Yankees do....

Knew a guy from upstate New York who would buttslide on ice over a frozen pond/lake into a freaking snowbank.

Did it sober too.

I could never do that though. If I pulled my pants down, people would just think I had an auger attached to me. :twisted: :roll: :roll: :roll: :-P

If Juan ever comes back, maybe he'll do a thread on buttsliding with a flashlight in your backyard at night. :roll: :crazy2 :uglystupid2

Facebook Comments