December 11, 2017, 10:23:24 AM

Author Topic: kill a dove with a rock  (Read 8425 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
kill a dove with a rock
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2005, 07:56:55 PM »
We're not trying to give you a hard time, but you've got to understand that God put all these critters on Earth for a reason.  Since humans are the dominant predator, you've got to understand that all predators kill for a purpose.  Sometimes it's to protect their young or their nesting/breeding grounds or to guard their territory.  Most of the time it's for food.

Taking another life is serious business and shouldn't be taken lightly.  If you think about it, you've just killed something that was living and breathing just a few seconds before.  You've taken a life.  To honor that, you should utilize the animal in some way.  Every time I go hunting, I thank the Lord for all the critters that I get.  He's provided for me, so that I may feed myself and my family.  In the case of cats though, they are an unnatural predator.  Left alone, they will decimate small game and bird populations.  If you doubt me, do some research on Australia.  Aussie Joe (a guy that used to be on here, and still is from time to time) lives in Australia.  He and I swapped hunting magazines with each other so that we could see how people in other countries hunt and what.  On the cover of one of the magazines he sent me was a picture of a cat on top of a telephone pole raiding a bird nest.  The story inside did everything but BEG people to kill every cat they see because of the environmental damage they're causing.

The point to all of this is to have a REASON for killing something.  Unless you've got a good reason, then leave it alone.  It's not hurting anything and was put here for a purpose.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Mallard Drake

• Gut Pile Guide
  • callin with the best.....
kill a dove with a rock
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2005, 09:19:24 PM »
yeah i know but i really shouldnt do it anyways. it ok
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

april

Re: kill a dove with a rock
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2005, 05:56:30 AM »
Dixie, that had to have sucked. I never had to end one's suffering with my hands, but have had to knife (cut throat) a few that were hit by cars. Once even was brought a (miraculosy full term) fawn to rehab that someone had to cut from the womb of a hit ( dying) doe. It'll mess with you, that's for sure.

Now, to get in the spirit of the thread.......

doves with rocks? Can happen. I know of fellers that hunt squirrels with slingshots.

Myself...the only outlandish thing I like to do is when I get a lot of armadillos that become a problem, I hunt them. Kinda. I stalk em, downwind, get in behind em, and grab them by the tail, yank em up and hold em at arm's length, then put em in a cage to take em elsewhere. That is all kinds of fun!! :-P

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2005, 01:39:17 PM »
April, do you know that the armadillo is the only animal that carries leprosy? Not all do, but some do.  You can contract the desease by handling the animal.  :sad:Yuk! It's now curable, but it ain't nice stuff to get! I used to see a lot of them while I lived in Texas and knew of the leprosy, so I wasn't tempted to pick one up.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

april

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2005, 01:56:01 PM »
Didn't know they carried that, but do know they are big bad disease bags. I don't handle without my "welding gloves". They never ever touch me and I don't them.  Hmm....makes one kinda reconsider. Thanks for the heads up. :mrgreen:..I've beeen careful regardless simply because of they are so icky....maybe now I'll give it up completely. :'(

Offline Ks_Sniper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2005, 02:08:18 PM »
I didn't know about the leprosy things either.  :shock:  When I was installing sattelite systems, I'd see a lot of roadkill. After telling my wife about it, she wanted me to find a live one and bring it home. Guess that won't be happening. ;)
When I was a child, I lived as a child. When I became a man, I put away my childish things and became a Gutpiler!

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.com ! http://www.camouflagenation.com http://www.thehuntingfiles.com  http://wildchildhuntingwear.com  http://www.isquirrelhunt.com http://www.iwhitetailhunt.com http://www.icoonhunt.com

Offline Mallard Drake

• Gut Pile Guide
  • callin with the best.....
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2005, 03:54:55 PM »
kill off whats left of the road kill. no more roadkill.
 :shock: :D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Squirrelhunter91

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2005, 08:54:52 PM »
Man has been hurling objects at animals since the beginning of time. Rocks, arrows, bullets.... etc.... Whatever is legal, go for it.

Offline john

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2005, 10:49:17 AM »
i had a pet armidilo when i lived in texas... ever notice how  much they look like speed bumps?

Offline squirrelbrains91

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2005, 02:26:52 PM »
That's interesting I've never heard of them having leprosy. I heard that leprosy wasn't contajus
screw peta

Facebook Comments