December 18, 2017, 01:25:32 PM

Author Topic: kill a dove with a rock  (Read 8434 times)

Offline DIXIEBANJO

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: kill a dove with a rock
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2005, 04:40:09 PM »
oh great.......I dont think I need to get any more unclean.Thanks for the tip John! :mrgreen:
ECCLESIASTES 12:13-14 Now all has been heard;here is the conclusion of the matter:Fear God and keep his commandments,for this is the whole duty of man.For God will bring every deed into judgement,including every hidden thing,wheather it is good or evil.

Offline huntsman

• Gut Pile Guide
  • One shot. One kill. No exceptions.
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2005, 08:17:31 PM »
This is a while back in this fourum.(January) I can side with MOSPARKY about killing a deer at point blank. I was returning from the shooting range before deer season started..I had my .22 and 30-06 with me,and I saw a guy and his family on the side of the road.The front end of his car was real banged up,turns out he hit a deer.His little girl was crying and the worst thing was I had to kill it in front of his little girl.Its legs were broken,its jaw was hanging,and it was bleeding real bad.I took my .22 and shot it in the head.Saddest thing I ever had to do.I was ready to cry.Its different to kill a deer at 6 inches then 100some yards.especially when right before you pull the trigger,it looks at you as if to say:"Do it,you have to".Then the gun goes off and it drops its head and its over.I damn near cried.Saddest thing I ever had to do.I hope its the last.And the guys wife and kid,they cried for 20 minutes until the game warden showed up.I never want to do that again. :'( :'( :'(
One shot
One kill
No exceptions

Offline DIXIEBANJO

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2005, 09:02:44 PM »
yep.......I can relate to that huntsman.I think its good to experience that once though........you wont soon forget it.Have to respect life.         
ECCLESIASTES 12:13-14 Now all has been heard;here is the conclusion of the matter:Fear God and keep his commandments,for this is the whole duty of man.For God will bring every deed into judgement,including every hidden thing,wheather it is good or evil.

Squirrelhunter91

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2005, 09:09:31 PM »
I hope I never have to do something like that. But if I have to, I will. I have shot many animals upclose after wounding them. Felt really bad putting the barrel behind the ear and squeezing it off, its not good. Gotta respect life is right Dixie.

travo

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2005, 09:07:41 PM »
that is one of the things that really sets bowhunting apart. it is so up close and personal, you really think before releasing the arrow. its not like a 200 yard shot where you are just shootin at a dot; its not like playing a video game through your scope. it is more "real" if you have never bowhunted, try it and see what i mean

Offline huntsman

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2005, 12:44:55 PM »
i get what you're saying Travo,but hunting with a bow and killing a deer at 20-25 yard,I think anyway,is alot easier then putting a gun to a deers head and hesitating on the trigger pull.I think its different,but I have never bow hunted,so I may be wrong.But with a bow,no blood is on the bow,with my instence,my barrel had blood on the front,it that was REALLY wierd to see,and when you are THAT close to the animal,it hurts after the report of the gun,and its life ends in an instant.But for some some reason,before you pull the trigger,that animal gives you a look like;"I'm sorry you need to do this,but just do it,please." Thats what it felt like to me.As Dixie said."You Have to respect life"
One shot
One kill
No exceptions

Offline fred(pa)

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2005, 02:41:56 PM »
I know what you guys mean about killing deer up close and presonl ive had to kill 2 one with a hammer and the other with a baseball bat the one i killed with bat there was a croud of people there and they thought i was some kind of sicko but its back was broke and i couldent just leav it like that

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2005, 08:39:47 PM »
Huntsman, I think you were agreeing with Dixiebanjo,I haven't posted in this thread before.But I do agree.It's an odd mixture of emotions,kinda like putting a beloved pet down.It's gotta be done,you know how it will end if you don't,you wish you weren't the one that's gotta do it,the critter is helpless to stop you,you know it's for the best and you are doing it a favor but you wish it hadn't come to this.So you step up to the plate and do whats gotta be done,you're glad it's over,you're glad the suffering is gone,you still wish someone did it for you,you know your world is changed forever,and the rest of the world is somehow deminished and you quitely console yourself in it had to be done.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline huntsman

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2005, 10:07:19 PM »
Sorry MOSPARKY,but either way,I think we ALL share the same feelings over these posts.
One shot
One kill
No exceptions

Offline BigMac

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2005, 03:44:01 PM »
I was at my friends house when we heard the cat under their car making strange vocalizations. My initial thought was it had a hairball, but we soon noticed the pool of antifreeze, and it had been lapping at it. If you know anything about anitfreeze, you don't want to see what happens when it's ingested. My friend's father had to kill it with a sledge hammer to the head. This kind of thing stays on your mind for some time, but even at the age of 10 I knew it was the only thing to do. All said and done it was a quick death, the cat would have ensumed in terrifying hallucinations and even worse, but they acted quickly.

Facebook Comments