October 22, 2017, 07:04:12 PM

Author Topic: Well it looks like.....  (Read 2593 times)

Offline BigStrutter

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Happiness is a 50 cal.
Well it looks like.....
« on: December 05, 2010, 10:38:07 AM »
I am going to get to run them bunnies in the snow tomorrow!!!! O0 Rained us out yesterday and it changed over to snow sometime during the night. Got about an inch right now with light flurries. If it keeps this up we shouldn't have over 2" in the morning, perfect for rabbit hunting. it will be a short day got a very important meeting with the Sheriff at 2:30........... got to get sworn in for his new term. ;D O0

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
Re: Well it looks like.....
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 05:37:03 PM »
Good luck Ned.  O0  We had a couple of inches of snow Friday night / Saturday morning.  With it still spitting snow off and on yesterday, I wasn't about to get on the roads with all of the idiots.  :shock:  Wanted to get out today, but the crap has been melting, turning everything into a muddy mess.  >:(
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline mrjimsfc

• Applied for my club membership...
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 12:28:16 AM »
I'd sure like to get out and shoot a few cottontails for the crock-pot this next weekend.  I just need to know where to go in Utah (northern) where there are a bunch of them.  There used to be a lot of them up by the Bothwell Pocket but there are houses there now....Further north there are mostly Jack Rabbits.  I wonder about those hills to the northeast of Plymouth?
         'Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.'  ~ Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 03:20:59 AM »
Good luck with the little bucktooth critters! It's snowing here in SE Iowa and cold.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 10:48:41 AM »
Poor lil wabbits!!!! Thats jus wrong to shoot them lil things!  :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline BigStrutter

• Happiness is a 50 cal.
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 01:15:53 PM »
My God was it cold this morning!!! 21 degrees when we turned out and winds blowing 10-20mph. Not very conducive to rabbit hunting. We didn't even see any bunny tracks in the snow, and this spot has plenty of rabbits. Guess the old man was right when he told me "when it gets this cold they go to a hole" Still had to give it a try though. Now back to work this week, field trial on Sat. and weather permitting, rabbit hunting on Monday.

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 01:48:32 PM »
Seems that the rabbits had enough sense to stay in out of the weather, unlike some "other" critter.  :roll:
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 08:07:40 PM »
When you least expect it......

Wererabbits will attack and kill everything in site. Be thankful they didn't come out. The carnage would have been horrible!
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2010, 07:33:29 AM »
When you least expect it......

Wererabbits will attack and kill everything in site. Be thankful they didn't come out. The carnage would have been horrible!
Yes, because cold weather doesn't bother wererabbits! A fella would have to shoot silver bullets or shot, too!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2010, 08:26:37 AM »
Did ya get any pics Ned? We hunted last night and treed 2 quick. At 6pm the temp showed a feels like of 11. Of course we stayed out untill 10:30  ;D

Facebook Comments