December 13, 2017, 12:05:38 PM

Author Topic: Another One bites the Dust!  (Read 3529 times)

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
Another One bites the Dust!
« on: December 07, 2010, 08:07:51 AM »
Well, after going 3 years without putting any meat in the freezer, as my Grandpa use to say, A blind Hog can find an Acorn once in a while! Took this 8pt Sat night about 5:15. He came in from my right down a gas line that cuts thru our club. Saw him at 275 yards and watched him until he got within a 100. I missed him the 1st 2 shots! He ran straight to me after the 2nd  shot and stopped at about 30 yards. I put it in him then! Took about an hour to find him since he jumped into a pine thicket that had pine straw that was knee deep. Not a monster, but for So GA not a bad buck. He is one of the younger ones I have on my camera this year.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 08:50:54 AM by J-BUCKS »

Offline 2Nutz

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Another One bites the Dust!
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 10:10:46 AM »
Saweet! More eats for the table! O0 O0 O0
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 10:20:10 AM »
Ain't nothin' to be ashamed of there (well, except for the shooting).  O0  Looks like some fine eats J-Bucks.  O0  CONGRATS!!!!!

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 10:25:58 AM »
Thanks guys! Ya me and the rifle need a little practice time I am thinking.  ;D I didn't know how out of practice I have got but it showed up big time! I am gonna run a couple thru it for sure before I go on my Alabama trip in Jan.! 

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 10:26:22 AM »
Ain't nothin' to be ashamed of there (well, except for the shooting).  O0  Looks like some fine eats J-Bucks.  O0  CONGRATS!!!!!

O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 YEAH!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Duneman101

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 01:22:22 PM »
heck yeah, nice deer!
Only dead fish swim with the current!

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 04:50:03 PM »
Way to go big guy!!! O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Uncle Bucky

• Been seen in these woods a time or two..
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2011, 10:36:05 AM »
 ;D O0 :wink:

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2011, 02:59:08 PM »
Thanks guys! I am heading to Alabama on the 19th for a 3 day hunt with my fishing buddy. He has sent me a couple pics of a couple nice ones that we are going to try and hunt next week. I hope I can show some pics of them on the ground when I get back. Here are the pics!

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2011, 06:06:08 PM »
SA-WEET!! O0 O0 O0 O0

It's been a few years since I've hunted in Alabama, is it still a buck day limit?
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Facebook Comments