October 19, 2017, 07:29:35 PM

Author Topic: Another One bites the Dust!  (Read 3472 times)

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
Re: Another One bites the Dust!
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2011, 04:01:09 PM »
Bo, they changed that rule I do believe. Only allowed 3 bucks a year and at least 2 Doe a day. If I am reading the rules correct. The guy I am hunting with will inform me of the correct rules. I do remember a few years ago, you could take a Buck and a Doe everyday in Jan.

Offline bohicajuan

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2011, 10:35:22 PM »
Oh well it still sounds better than what we have here.

I guess pretty soon every state will be required to do some kind of QDM whether we want it or not.
 :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2

Good luck!! O0 O0 O0 O0 O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2011, 01:59:19 PM »
Let's hope you shoot a little better this time.  :wink:  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2011, 04:42:52 PM »
OUCH! BC! I guess I deserve that!  ;D Leaving out at 8 and I'll report in on Monday how it went!

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2011, 09:35:26 AM »
Well, added a Doe to the freezer on Sat. Tried to head shoot a 2nd one but missed. Saw between the 4 of us that were hunting, about 20-25 in the 3 days. Saw mostly Does but did see one buck that was around 130" class. Hard to shoot from ridge to ridge at them! Next year, my Buddy that I hunt with over there is getting some other property that is 3 times the size of where we hunted this year. Can't wait until then!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2011, 09:48:10 AM »
  O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 One more for the freezer, J! Good luck at the other spot, nail them!  :twisted:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2011, 07:50:48 PM »
And he'll be bigger than 130" next year too!  O0 O0

Congrats on the doe! O0 O0 O0

At least you got plenty of meat to last you awhile now!  O0 O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2011, 09:13:26 AM »
Congrats on the doe!  O0  I take it you shot a little better this time?  :roll:  ;D ;D

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2011, 10:46:58 AM »
Congrats on the doe!  O0  I take it you shot a little better this time?  :roll:  ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Probably put the selector on "AUTO" and did a traverse fire.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline J-BUCKS

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2011, 04:02:05 PM »

Nah, I set up the Mortar and lobbed them in on a group. All that I could find was one that was left!  :shock: I am gonna try and get a Year tag for Alabama next year and hunt some earlier and try to fill the freezer before it gets cold. 20 degrees is awful cold for this South Georgia boy!

Facebook Comments