November 17, 2017, 09:33:47 PM

Author Topic: Couldn't pass this one up.... hehe  (Read 1486 times)

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
Couldn't pass this one up.... hehe
« on: November 10, 2003, 03:11:42 PM »
I was talking with a friend at work today about her husband's recent hunting trip.  He's a great hunter and has been pretty successful over the years, which makes his story even more funny.  She and I both got a big kick out of it.......

He and some friends spent a few days hunting in Illinois on a spot that was bow only.   On his last afternoon, a pretty nice 8 pt walks out on him.  He proceeds to pop him with a nice shot.   Should be the end of the story, right...... nope, when he gets to the buck, it's not totally down.  Having nothing else with him, he pops it with another arrow.  Down, right?  Nope, it's still going at it.  So, he ends up putting his third and final arrow into it.  Finally success - he's down and out.  By this time, the buck in lying on a grade which drops off into a ravine which would have been very difficult to get out of.   He decides he's gonna need some help getting the deer back to camp (198lbs), but he thinks, "I need to do something to make sure this thing doesn't end up in the ravine.  AAhhh..... I'll just use my drag rope and tie him to this tree.  Even if he's got some kick left in him, he'll be fine".  

Now imagine the return.......he brings his buddies back to get the deer.......  There it is.... a nice healthy 8 pt buck.........TIED TO  A TREE WITH THREE ARROWS STICKING OUT OF IT!   :roll:  :D

Is that how you got all those nice mounts Big58cal????   :D  hehe
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2003, 08:44:20 PM »
I think the woman has been lying to you.  The guy must not be that good of a shot to have 3 arrows in it and still kicking! :?

BTW, I don't tie them up.  It leaves rope marks on the hide.  I've found the best way is to put them in a pen! :D  :D  :D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline southern sun

• Rookie Club Member
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2003, 05:25:39 PM »
now that would have been a great picture to post here. that's huntin' GUT PILE STYLE!!  (would have liked to see the look on the game wadens face had he been there...lol)  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
P.S.  I QUIT!  I'M GOIN' HUNTIN'!!

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
    • Gut Pile Style
Re: Couldn't pass this one up.... hehe
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 01:44:16 PM »
The roped trophy.....had to roll it back up - poor Louie.....   :roll:
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Couldn't pass this one up.... hehe
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 08:47:11 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D It sounds like if the hunter had a dozen arrows, the buck would still have been standing.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments