November 24, 2017, 04:16:50 AM

Author Topic: Saturday Success  (Read 3650 times)

Offline Duneman101

• Gut Pile Guide
Saturday Success
« on: December 20, 2010, 01:19:20 PM »
Went out saturday morning in the snow...  got a couple, but it seemed like nothing was flyin...  i think the snow and the fog made them post up.  These are the nice little green wing teals i got lucky on.  Both were pretty little fella's wish i had the money to get one mounted. 

Only dead fish swim with the current!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Saturday Success
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 02:56:19 PM »
Pretty cool!  O0  We've got them fast little buggers around here.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 04:17:53 PM »
 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 09:11:37 AM »
  O0 Nice going, Dune! I'm surprised those teal weren't gone along with the front that moved in your area. Teal are usually gone with the first cold snap. They must have been birds that were pushed to you by the weather, new birds.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Duneman101

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 03:33:25 PM »
  O0 Nice going, Dune! I'm surprised those teal weren't gone along with the front that moved in your area. Teal are usually gone with the first cold snap. They must have been birds that were pushed to you by the weather, new birds.

John your probably right, I was suprised to see them when i found them too...  We keep getting cold then warm, maybe some of them are sticking around, till we get really cold.  they both hade 2 inch layers of fat on them, my hand were quite greasy after working them over. 

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2010, 09:40:00 AM »
I no longer duck hunt, had to give it up a few years ago because of a back problem.

Teal are fun to shoot. They are fast little buggers!

Some of my pals still duck/goose hunt and furnish me with all the birds I can eat.  :)
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Duneman101

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2010, 01:13:20 PM »
Some of my pals still duck/goose hunt and furnish me with all the birds I can eat.  :)

I love duck, i get pissed when i see guys just stomp em into the mud, or won't even wade out to grab them. 

Offline Ks_Sniper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2010, 03:40:52 PM »
Ducks are on my list of animals I have yet to kill & eat. I've had goose though & it was great. O0
When I was a child, I lived as a child. When I became a man, I put away my childish things and became a Gutpiler!

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.com ! http://www.camouflagenation.com http://www.thehuntingfiles.com  http://wildchildhuntingwear.com  http://www.isquirrelhunt.com http://www.iwhitetailhunt.com http://www.icoonhunt.com

Offline Duneman101

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2010, 04:08:01 PM »
Ducks are on my list of animals I have yet to kill & eat. I've had goose though & it was great. O0

Dang dude we need to get you out in the marsh! 

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2010, 05:45:56 PM »
Never been much of a duck hunter. Nothing wrong with it, but just don't get many in Georgia. I've got family in Arkansas that eat, drink and sleep duck hunting.

Many moons ago when I was living in Florida, I went with a friend up near lake Okeechobee and shot a few. We had to get them though as soon as they hit the water, because if you didn't pick them up right away, the alligators would swoop in and snag them!
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Facebook Comments