November 22, 2017, 09:40:59 AM

Author Topic: Saturday Success  (Read 3639 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Saturday Success
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2010, 08:59:43 AM »
Never been much of a duck hunter. Nothing wrong with it, but just don't get many in Georgia. I've got family in Arkansas that eat, drink and sleep duck hunting.

Many moons ago when I was living in Florida, I went with a friend up near lake Okeechobee and shot a few. We had to get them though as soon as they hit the water, because if you didn't pick them up right away, the alligators would swoop in and snag them!
  :shock: Depth charge!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Duneman101

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2010, 10:12:26 AM »
  :shock: Depth charge!

Heck yeah John....  When i lived in Florida, them frickin scaley Bas***ds gave me the creeps.  i didn't mind the little buggers, but when i'd see those 14 footers sun bathing in my favorite fishin spot.... it really got my blood boiling.
Only dead fish swim with the current!

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2010, 04:04:40 PM »
Back in the day, when I was working in Miami, we had an 6 foot gator crawl onto an overpass on I-95 one morning and tied up the already screwed up Miami morning rush hour traffic. Because the traffic jam was so bad, the DNR guys were having trouble getting there and it was getting ugly. We couldn't shoot the da** thing and the 2 state troopers that were there, being the wimps they were wouldn't help us out. So my buddy and I asked for permission and the brass said go ahead and attempt a rescue.

I threw a jacket over it's eyes and jumped on its back  and we managed to tape the jaws shut and pull it off to the side of the interstate and they opened the interstate so the traffic flow could resume.

Tore my shirt all up when I slid over the gators back and we both got a medal from the Dade county humane assoc. but the guys from the DNR protested what we did and filed a complaint with our department.

Unlike Atlanta, back then Dade county stuck by it's people and told the DNR to get stuffed and said the only reason the DNR were ticked off was because we did their job for them and made them look bad in the process. There was only 60 or so  game wardens in all of south Florida and my department had 3,000 officers so it wasn't like they could intimidate us.

The gator was taken out to the everglades and turned loose, btw. Because they're so many today it would be killed, but back then they were taken someplace and turned loose.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Duneman101

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2010, 10:51:54 AM »
Thats pretty cool Bo... 

When i lived in tampa i caught a small baby gator (3 ft) and left it in the bathtub till my room mate got home, it scared the bejesus out of him...  He was litterally shaking and almost tearing up.  I just laughed the whole time. 

NOTE:  It is much harder to get an alligator into a tub than out of a tub!!! 
Only dead fish swim with the current!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2010, 08:14:01 AM »
You fellas that play with gators, do you still have all of your body members and  digits attatched? 
Juandog talks of moving south to AB's neck of the woods. I bet he becomes a gator wrestler, in between chasing hogs, wildcats, and coon. I betcha he trees some cotimundi and gets treed by a pack of those mean chomping critters, javelina.  ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2011, 09:37:03 AM »
You fellas that play with gators, do you still have all of your body members and  digits attatched? 
Juandog talks of moving south to AB's neck of the woods. I bet he becomes a gator wrestler, in between chasing hogs, wildcats, and coon. I betcha he trees some cotimundi and gets treed by a pack of those mean chomping critters, javelina.  ;D

You saying that about Plott, the image of Joe Dirt comes to mind.  :roll:
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2011, 10:12:11 AM »
You saying that about Plott, the image of Joe Dirt comes to mind.  :roll:
  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Facebook Comments