December 17, 2017, 01:06:53 AM

Author Topic: 12/18/2010 report  (Read 2488 times)

Offline BigStrutter

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Happiness is a 50 cal.
12/18/2010 report
« on: December 20, 2010, 08:21:58 PM »
Well the sub arctic temps finally left and some rain last Thursday finally melted off all the frozen ice capped snow. Saturday dawned right at 30 degrees and cloudy. As the temps rose the running got outstanding. We ran 7 and killed 5 and called it quits with still half a farm left to hunt.

I still have the jinx and can't buy a rabbit much less see one. I did get a shot at one as it ran between my feet. I tried to kick it so it would run the other way but he was determined to run up my leg so I shot in self defense. I blew a coke can size hole in the ground and made the rabbit do a flip. Didn't kill him but I bet he learned not to try and attack humans anymore. So now that I have seen the wererabbits first hand we all need to prepare ourselves.  So thanks Bo for the heads up about these crazy rabbits and thanks BC for jinxing me about my shooting when I finally had a good thing going!!!!!!

This make 9 total for the year with two weeks of no hunting due to ice.

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
Re: 12/18/2010 report
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 08:50:18 AM »
Just keep taking people hunting with you Ned.  At least they can shoot the critters & you won't go hungry.  O0  ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 09:04:14 AM »
Just keep taking people hunting with you Ned.  At least they can shoot the critters & you won't go hungry.  O0  ;D
  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Try a different shotgun, Ned.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline BigStrutter

• Happiness is a 50 cal.
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 10:06:10 AM »
This is a new shotgun JA, it's a little Ithica 20 gauge double barrel. Right barrel is Imp. Cyl and the left is Mod. All I need is to be able to see a rabbit somewhere other than under me. But that is hard when you stay in the brush with the dogs and the others stand on roads and openings with easy shots.

Ned

FOREVER G540

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 11:35:17 AM »
All I need is to be able to see a rabbit somewhere other than under me. But that is hard when you stay in the brush with the dogs and the others stand on roads and openings with easy shots.

Ned

You know what they say about excuses, don't you?  :roll:

;D ;D

Take Ellwood with you.  I'm sure he could give Madcatter a run for his money with that .410.  O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 04:34:41 PM »
If you're bitten by a wererabbit, you too will become one on the night of the first full moon. So take extra care when hunting these demons of the brush and undergrowth.

Even a man who's pure at heart and says his prayers by night,

Can become a rabbit when the rabbitbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline BigStrutter

• Happiness is a 50 cal.
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2010, 06:15:41 PM »
I haven't talked to Ellwood since opening day. He may be in hiding you never know. He hasn't even posted anythign on here about any hunts. Maybe he gave it all up and went to work as a florist or something less stressful. ;D

Ned

FOREVER G540

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2010, 06:28:44 PM »
Or......He may have been bitten and at this very moment is on the verge of becoimg a wererabbit!!

Lock your doors and hide!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2010, 09:25:36 AM »
Or......He may have been bitten and at this very moment is on the verge of becoimg a wererabbit!!

Lock your doors and hide!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
  :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: YEAH!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline ellwoodjake

• Global Moderator
  • CHASING (cotton)TAIL
    • http://www.tw200forum.com
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2010, 08:22:51 AM »
I've not had much time to chase the bunnies this year. I got a couple on opening day by myself, but then started deer hunting. After I wrapped up the deer season, me and a buddy tried "the trailer park". Ned knows where I'm talking about. It's always been a great spot except for this year. We only got one bunny up and ran the hair off it, until my accomplise brought it down. I believe the brush is getting thick enough now that the predators are starting to sneak in there; either that, or we've killed the seed out in years past. I had some grandiouse plans for my next break from work, but then got hurt on my last day. The next week was spent with Dr. visits, MRI's, with my arm in a sling, followed by physical therapy. I've kind of got my arm back now, but my daughter is in from Texas right now for the holidays and I'm trying to spend all the time with her I can. Maybe after the holidays (fingers crossed) the fur will fly. :twisted:
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 08:25:07 AM by ellwoodjake »
(\__/)
(='.'=) Salad isn't food-it's what food eats!!
(")_(")
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Facebook Comments